New purchase FV 432

Markheliops

Hi all.

Just returned from War and Peace where me and a friend decided to purchase an FV432.

00000014.jpg

Apparently it's a Mk1 that has been through a MK2 workshop overhaul.

Can anyone advise me on what manuals I need to purchase as there are operator handbooks for the Mk 1 and Mk 2.

I want to purchase the above plus servicing schedule, parts catalogue, etc.

It has the multi-fuel engine - if it helps.

A bit confused. :dunno:

Markheliops

PS. Will write something about War and Peace when I get some time too. Unfortunately my camera decided to break so no pictures but will do a write up.

Edited by Marmite!!
Tried to repair photo link.. broken

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

I've never heard of a Mk 1 being rebuilt as a Mk 2, I suppose it is possible but I can't see why they would bother. What is the army reg no. - that may help id it? As it has the K60 in it I wouldn't bother with any Mk 1 info. Almost all the electrical and engine components are different for the K60.

You should be able to get all the literature you require from http://www.vintagemvmanuals.co.uk

Chris

Thanks sirhc.

The army reg is on a plate next to the drivers seat.

I will get as much detail as I can and post it on here.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as to what literature I need to purchase.

Haven't really had a good look at it yet - too busy playing.

Any idea when the pack needs changing - I presume they do it on hours.

Markheliops

Mark,

You're best bet is to get the user handbook and the service schedule first, that'll get you started with driving and operating it, aswell as servicing. The engines are fairly bulletproof, you'll have to have a serious problem to warrant a new pack. There is a formula they use to convert engine hours into equivalent miles, but I have no idea what it is!

Chris

Hi Jonathan.

It was parked opposite the mad lot.

Actually, it belonged to a great geezer called Steve - part of the Essex crew.

Wanted to downsize his vehicles.

Runs and drives a treat and came complete with slave lead, drivers windscreen, helmet and intercom, all radio bits, track tools and pins and 24 new road wheels and a big box of spares.

Very happy with the purchase.

Markheliops

Mark,

Sounds like you got a good deal. I just sold my 432, the bloke who bought it is looking for another one. When I went past the vehicle you bought to ask about it the for sale sign was already gone!

Chris

Too right Chris.

I took the For Sale signs down myself after Steve took me for a test drive - :whistle:

to Somerfields and back!!!

I thought he would just take me round the fields - top bloke Steve.

Markheliops

Hi all.

Got some details from the vehicle plate.

00000001-2.jpg

Army reg - 09EA60

Mk2 Type B

Class 1 repair / 10/89 / 37RW Wksps.

Ring any bells with anyone?

Markheliops

Edited by Marmite!!
Tried to repair photo link.. broken

nice one fella :-D

one thing you might want to check is the fuel catch tank that the pump is bolted too just under the floor near the back door, quite often very dirty!

-according my old man.

Baz

Hi Baz

Spot on about the fuel catch tank by the fuel pump. Told about it by previous owner. It knackered the fuel pump as the fording plugs were still installed. I drained it out yesterday.

Markheliops

Nice one Mark, start checking out all your local breakdown/recovery garages for a source of free fuel?..they usually end up with lots that have been drained out of vehicles that have been filled with wrong fuel, diesel/petrol mix, the multifuel 432 will be fine on it :-)

As if you didn't have enough to keep you occupied at the moment.........Thanks for letting me have a play. :-D

No worries Vince - thought the booster cushion was a bit OT though. :-D

May need your services as hatch jockey for Redhill mate. I know I can go without - but only as a last resort.

Markheliops

Nice one Mark, start checking out all your local breakdown/recovery garages for a source of free fuel?..they usually end up with lots that have been drained out of vehicles that have been filled with wrong fuel, diesel/petrol mix, the multifuel 432 will be fine on it :-)

Thanks Nick - started letters to local garages already.

Thanks Nick - started letters to local garages already.

Mark as an ex Reo owner the personal visit will be much better, as you can then see what the premises are like and talk face to face, much better to get what you want and explain NO ANTI FREEZE PLEASE.

Mark as an ex Reo owner the personal visit will be much better, as you can then see what the premises are like and talk face to face, much better to get what you want and explain NO ANTI FREEZE PLEASE.

Top tip Mark - Thanks.

Any contam left in your garage mate?

Your Jimmy won't appreciate it. :whistle:

Markheliops

Hi all.

Got some details from the vehicle plate.

Army reg - 09EA60

Mk2 Type B

Class 1 repair / 10/89 / 37RW Wksps.

Ring any bells with anyone?

Markheliops

It'a BAOR one then Mark - 37RW is 37 Rhine Workshops. Same place little Maud was decommissioned in 1990!!