another Diamond T 980 restoration

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

evening every one finally got round to wiring the head lights in, got to say for someone who absolutely despises wiring and most things electrical, the electrics are one of my favorite jobs i hav

finally had a week off (last week) so had some me time with the diamond and it is amazing how much you can get done in a week. wiring in 7 pin trailer plug floor mat as the

got the refurbished bonnet fitted yesterday, nice to have the final big piece fitted. onto sorting out the hand full off little things like wind screen wipers which i have stripped down tonight and go

Posted Images

evening every one

finally got round to wiring the head lights in, got to say for someone who absolutely despises wiring and most things electrical, the electrics are one of my favorite jobs i have done on the whole truck. so the lesson really is don't hate it till you tried it!

planning to take her out this sunday for a road test and will be the 1st time it has been on the road in over 20 years. got the new registration number few weeks ago from the dvla. was very impressed with their 4 week turn around so no complaints here. like to thank Richard Adams and John Wardle from the MVT for sorting out all the verification paper work etc both very helpful chaps. 

will be taking her to the Diamond T 80th anniversary event at Wartime in the Vale at Evesham 2021 and Capel military show, obviously depending on covid. 

till then enjoy the short walk around vid and there will be more vids coming in due course.

regards sam 

WP_20201128_15_40_22_Pro.thumb.jpg.6dcae9b53a321aab2d399bfd6791cd9c.jpgWP_20201128_15_41_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.b777ce8f75805aff5fc2c398d544cc52.jpgWP_20201128_15_41_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.8c644f4c956e11fa5e8db58402635a36.jpg

• Like 7
43 minutes ago, Rootes75 said:

Absolutely superb. I really do like the look of this truck.

Would like to see it in the flesh at Evesham.

cheers rootes going to try and get 3 of my T's there for the 80th.

the 980 and 2 project trucks, looks like there is going to be a really nice selection next year so will be worth coming along.

regards sam 

4 minutes ago, Trooper 3/9 RAAC said:

What a superb looking brute of a truck.

Great job Sam, its a credit to you have watched this thread with great interest.

cheers

Pierre

thank you very much Pierre glad you have enjoyed following progress. 

i am restoring a 1899 fowler road locomotive that came back from Oz at the moment as well, it came from Nundle in NSW

originally worked in south africa during the boer war then went to Australia in 1904, came back to the UK in 2003.

regards sam

8 hours ago, the DT guy said:

thank you very much Pierre glad you have enjoyed following progress. 

i am restoring a 1899 fowler road locomotive that came back from Oz at the moment as well, it came from Nundle in NSW

originally worked in south africa during the boer war then went to Australia in 1904, came back to the UK in 2003.

regards sam

The Riker thread has just been talking about machines used during the Boer war!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, johnwardle said:

Hi Sam, did you manage to get out on a road test? If so how was it?

afternoon John went out sat/sun last weekend and been out again this after noon. it goes very well and makes all the right noises!

had a few minor things to fiddle with after the 2nd run out which were all easy to deal with. just getting used to all her natural rattles and vibrations as you'd expect it to have. 

will treat her to her first wash tomorrow as most of the truck is no longer green!! 

• 2 weeks later...

got the refurbished bonnet fitted yesterday, nice to have the final big piece fitted. onto sorting out the hand full off little things like wind screen wipers which i have stripped down tonight and got them half reassembled. need to make some bits for them which isn't to difficult. other wise just a tiny bit of wiring and will be there.

merry christmas every one 

best regards sam 

WP_20201221_12_13_16_Pro.thumb.jpg.4354919d40e2e07dc1df7a29ce84b2b0.jpg

• Like 6