Jump to content

Help with identification, please .....


Recommended Posts


All brass, stamped with.....


'Made in England'


'1C/2455' or possibly '1C/2433'



Possibly an oil syringe ?

If so for what ?




I have a similar one ex-WD in plain brass, your looks like it is plated, could be the photo

Going by the stock number on yours, it is from RAF as 1C/ indicates it to be in 'Tools, general' so unlikely to be a medical instrument. They are ideal for drawing of oil from cavities, taking oil samples, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a couple of these in the servicing bay, one with a ring on the end like yours and another with a knob. I only ever seen them used for topping up steering boxes. The attached picture shows the one with the knob sitting on top of an oil drum (which gives an idea of the scale of the item) - sorry about the quality of the pic, its a very small crop from the corner of a larger image.


Regards - David


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...