Did it happen?

July 21st was the day that Neil Armstrong landed on the Moon. It is still hotly debated as to whether or not it was actually somewhere in the Nevada Desert. But then cynics also argue that it wasn't Shakespeare that wrote those sonnets & plays but Marlow or whoever they can contrive to fit the circumstances.

And now it's being argued that the Twin Tower disaster of September 11th was a put up job.

So do you think Armstrong did actually walk on the moon? Or do you believe in bus timetables too? Do I believe it happened? Well the BBC reported it as happening, so it must be true. :angel:

Oy Oy.. I drive buses.. and no I don't belive in timetables. Buses are a very good useful service to the community. There use cuts the carbon footprint, exhaust emmisions and lessens traffic amounts. Now if we can only get rid of the passengers they will run on time.

Great thread!

For my money - no for walking on the moon......the flag waving was bit of a give away. There are some many unanswered questions. It is interesting to note that the Russians were the first to do everything in the space race - except land on the moon............... :dunno: :whistle: :whistle:

Shakespeare - no, a lot of work was written whilst he was still in nappies :whistle:

September 11th - again to many unanswered question but with the research that I have done/read - it would suggest that a building wouldn't collapse like that we have a plane hitting it in the manner that it did. It is also interesting to note that they rubble was cleared so quickly that no one could so any forensic work on it...........

On the BBC - it must be true I am afraid not. The BBC are the world masters at propaganda - just look at what they done during WW2. The reason why I never watch the news or read newspapers.......

didnt the sunday sport say there was a bus on the moon or mars and if so did it run on time ,perhaps thats how Neil Armstrong really got there

NOT ME, I do get lost ocassionally but not that bad :cry: Any way if he didn't land on the moon them my Mum got me up ay at 1 o'clock in the morning for nothing.

next you'll be telling me there's no such thing as Father Christmas :-o

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo

Iv'e only just got over finding out there is no tooth fairy. :cry:

Just looking out of the window and can see a half moon in the sky, can't make out any footprints so will hold judgement on that one. ;-)

The bit about the Beeb was a tongue in cheek implication of their recent red faces with regard to the contriving of the Queen to imply that she stormed out of a photo shoot, and their outragious rigged phone in's. That and their bias towards left wing politics and their strong pro-Europe stance.

An un-biased BBC, yeah right.

So no consensus as to whether or not Armstrong stepped on the moon. What about the subsequent "moon landings?" Do you think that the Americans were almost ready but knew that they wouldn't beat Kennedy's by the end of the decade deadline, so faked the first one, but the rest were for real? I mean how is the Appollo 13 flight, the one depicted in the film, explained?

Well if Armstrong didn't land on the moon it has to be the world's best hoack. So here is a question with more tangible doubt. Was Gagarin the FIRST man in space or the First to survive?

There is evidence of radio intercept and some radar plots that infer there were 3 previous launches. Bear in mind it was 1956/7 equipment was crude by modern standards and no satellite surveillance. :dunno:

Well if Armstrong didn't land on the moon it has to be the world's best hoack. So here is a question with more tangible doubt. Was Gagarin the FIRST man in space or the First to survive?

There is evidence of radio intercept and some radar plots that infer there were 3 previous launches. Bear in mind it was 1956/7 equipment was crude by modern standards and no satellite surveillance. :dunno:

Well, quite possibly Gagarin WAS the first man in space,......but then again, if he wasn't, the others didn't suvive, and certainly wouldn't have been mentioned.............as you quite rightly say.

Regarding the american 'moon landing',................it seems strainge that IF they DID land etc, that they haven't been back since.....................(well landing, I mean)....or have they :whistle:

on the twin towers collapse,..............a collegue was in the states that day, within the city,.................(which is a ruddy big one.........) and whilst she didn't SEE the strikes, certainly HEARD the noise of collapse, etc, and saw the dust cloud/smoke.

Not 100% sure regarding the strike on the pentigon, though.................

Does this mean... theres no Easter BUNNY... :shake: I blame the aliens at Area 57 coming here and flattening our corn.. mutter..mutter

Oi!!! I resemble that remark. And being the Fire Warden for Area 57, I have every right to tread any corn growing in our office.

As for the flag fluttering on the moon, before they even took off, Tomorrow's World explained how the flag would flutter, because the Americans recognised that otherwise it would just hang limp and nobody would ever see it.

As a conspiracy, I am sure it would have been easier to seal the hangar doors where they were faking a moon mission than to announce in advance that the flag was going to flutter.

Yeah :-D Dear old Simon Baxter going on about springy thingys, 'cause there was no atmosphere.. I ..remember.. back in the days of 405 and VHF black and white. :cry:

Raymond Baxter, Battle of Britain Spitfire pilot. The only man I know who could get away with referring to members of the Women's Royal Army Corps as Racks (when we all know a rack is something you screw to the wall, as I was told by a female assistant adjutant who didn't seem to notice the WAH!!!) every single year at the Festival of Remembrance and not get a single letter of complaint from Annoyed of Guildford.

On the BBC - it must be true[/i] I am afraid not. The BBC are the world masters at propaganda - just look at what they done during WW2. The reason why I never watch the news or read newspapers.......

Hey Jack, did not realise you were that old :-D to be a WW2 listener on the old crystal set (according to my grand dad)

A

twin towers definately fishy

pentagon utterly fishy

BBC lying?... Damn you man, for that unacceptable slurr I demand an immediate retraction and apology

If you'd like to phone in and express your outrage and possibly win todays star prize, The Muzzle Brake from a Panther Tank, simply call the number on the bottom of your screen now...

Callswillbechargedattwelvepoundsaminuteandyouwon'twincausewejustmadeitupforsomereadycashdon'tyaknow :whistle: