The Cold War Museum

Just posted my support. My closing paragraph:

I feel that it is important to give future  generations a feel of what was going on. Many of the younger generations nowadays worry that civilisation is sliding into extinction, what they don’t seem to grasp is that we were under the threat of pretty much instant extinction! It would be as well for them to remember that, but they need to be told about it and I think this museum would help do that.

• Like 1

Would suggest you write a report detailing time and this information, would be even better if some one local could put this in comments to planners, not sure if some one can add a second comment to the planning portal.

Do a traffic management plan for submission as a standard practice for "large" bits of kit arriving. 

Reading the comments some locals are objecting that the lodge is not being restored, is there a plan for this as that may help as well

Sorry used to work alongside planners

Edited by Surveyor

lodge is my house they are idiots it has been extended four times in the last 50 years, it started out as a single room brick building, a totally stupid and unrealistic discussion about a building of no intrinsic value whatsoever and the hebden estate was of nil significance to the world...the  guy is known for his protestations...

11 hours ago, paulob1 said:

lodge is my house they are idiots it has been extended four times in the last 50 years, it started out as a single room brick building, a totally stupid and unrealistic discussion about a building of no intrinsic value whatsoever and the hebden estate was of nil significance to the world...the  guy is known for his protestations...

When i worked for Fife there was an objector who objected to every planning application in St Andrews even the alterations to new buildings so can understand

2 hours ago, Nick Johns said:

I see on E. Hants planning there is a new application from your neighbours, the garden centre site, to turn a field into a caravan & motorhome storage facility, so more expansion of that site with a field full of white caravans

More traffic but also a possible market for visitors

we are at 74 supporters just another 26 supporters needed and we are at 100....all the objectors are clearly coming up with things that are mostly covered by the application...its going as well as can be expected so far...thanks all the supporters, if you have not offred any support and you feel you can it is very very helpful, if you have issues with it, offer them also, I want to hear what people think...its important this is not my museum it is for the people of this country...

wow two more supporters...only 24 to go, I am hopeful a few more locals who have pledged support will do so...but can you believe they actually feel intimidated to support it for fer of the wrath of locals...is this really how our country has become...that's 76 supporters and 11 objectors...

Edited by paulob1
more info

well we have had some good developments, the MIg21 arrival has woken up a lot of the Aircraft enthusiasts who seem a good bunch and have been offering their support left right and centre...we may make the 100 plus supporters yet...given that every post makes over 500 people its so annoying that international supporters cannot make comments...

• Like 1

Good news everyone we are now at 114 positive supporters and just 11 objectors, the majority of the objectors are related to traffic because they always use that as a comment even though the whole purpose of the planning application is to make entrance easier, and will reduce the risk of congestion, a few object to the vehicles being ugly, some object to the site being a mess but that's because I have no building to put things away and get them all protected...but objecting to things that are nothing to do with the project seems a bit off the wall to me and a bit personal...but people try to come up with anything negative they can true or not...its the wrong location its the wrong year its the wrong everything, but to me its the only right location, I tried to get some space at Borden before the army left but got told in no uncertain terms that they wanted it to go to big companies and not small museums or anything of the sort.....

the world is totally screwed up by people who have no real imagination...their own agendas and no time for little people like me trying to do something genuinely for the country...something I am passionate about and so too are many others...

Its fascinating what a dodgy hand shake and a few connections in the council will do...next door they want a caravan park, cars coming and going with Caravans all day long, only one objection...I am not going to object myself because I believe in live and let live, even though the guy next door has objected to my museum.  He even had the cheek to ask for my support then once he had the support in writing, he say he could not support me...what a character he is, make sure you count your fingers before leaving...

Anyway it finalised at 146 supporters and 14 objectors...bit disappointing given how large our community is, but hey ho...that's life.    

thank you for those who did offer support and my apologies that the international members could not support it, international supporters were excluded..

20 minutes ago, paulob1 said:

no interestingly Matthew HARDING ,  the planning officer seems to be saying it wont go to committee...very interesting...

Hmm, you might be getting much busier doing some building work soon !

Hope you have a bucket and spade ready.

Iain