The Cold War Museum

thanks guys numbers are growing, think we are at 29 now, hoping to make at least 100 by the end of the month so please please keep your comments coming.    The MVT community is a very small one I know but if we can rally round it would help me achieve a life long ambition and provide the UK with its first truly dedicated COLD War Museum....

just now need to find a V-Bomber a TU95 Bear a Phantom, a Leopard, a Scud A, a Honest John missile,  and more besides..

I am after some old furniture from the 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's old kitchen equipment old clothes etc etc all relating to life druing the cold war...

Getting the locals now complaining about traffic,  always the same thing,  traffic because they think traffic is the biggest issue...it isnt and interesting how one says but I don't mind it being somewhere else in Alton...no one lives anywhere near me the closest house being half a mile away...but still people complain...

and now at 35 in support 2 in support but hit the object button instead of the support button and 3 true objections...

Edited by paulob1
additional information

not yet but we will, so far we have i think 4 ot 5 actual objections and 41 supporters...but we need loads more, we have a public consultation on the 26th January, where I am hopeful we will have support from the Signals and maybe other groups.  If anyone is interested please come along...

but please for those who have not made a comment yet, please if you can find the time  to add a few comments and support my efforts to bring something different to our world...thank you to all those who have supported this so far...

quote: but please for those who have not made a comment yet, please if you can find the time  to add a few comments and support my efforts to bring something different to our world...thank you to all those who have supported this so far... end quote....

i had interest in working for you in 2016, i still have that drive today. when you are ready, give a shout. i still have a 12 x 12 tent as used in the cold war to camp in if needed.

7 hours ago, .303fan said:

quote: but please for those who have not made a comment yet, please if you can find the time  to add a few comments and support my efforts to bring something different to our world...thank you to all those who have supported this so far... end quote....

i had interest in working for you in 2016, i still have that drive today. when you are ready, give a shout. i still have a 12 x 12 tent as used in the cold war to camp in if needed.

we have two caravans for overnighters now...still need installing and a bit of tidying but will be ready as soon as someone wants them...

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

The link doesn't work for me. Maybe because I am in the Netherlands?

there is no reason why it should not work, i think one was incorrect or timed out so try this one...

https://planningpublicaccess.easthants.gov.uk/online-applications/

go to east hants planning and put in the code 27887/010...and the museum app will come up...

thank you Andy...I am a bit flabbergasted that we have over 3000 hits on the facebook page and only 50 people offering support...mind you its apparently the same for housing estates too...the biggest one here for many a year has caused massive consternation, but only 18 people objected, the DVLA MOT for heavy trucks, they only received 32 emails/letters regarding ex military and older HGV collectors...people just don't seem keen to put their name to anything these days...it looks like I am extremely lucky to have so many already...so thanks to everyone who has made a comment it is really fantastic that you have and very rare for most applications......

9 minutes ago, paulob1 said:

thank you Andy...I am a bit flabbergasted that we have over 3000 hits on the facebook page and only 50 people offering support...mind you its apparently the same for housing estates too...the biggest one here for many a year has caused massive consternation, but only 18 people objected, the DVLA MOT for heavy trucks, they only received 32 emails/letters regarding ex military and older HGV collectors...people just don't seem keen to put their name to anything these days...it looks like I am extremely lucky to have so many already...so thanks to everyone who has made a comment it is really fantastic that you have and very rare for most applications......

As someone with two failed applications and a failed appeal to build a barn for my vehicles I feel your pain!

Andy

Thanks guys the numbers are really mounting, I know that the Planning officer will lend more weight to the 6 or 7 locals who have voiced objections but there are many more locals supporting the museum...

I have a Public Consultation day, we will see if anyone turns up but I am hopeful that we will get support. 

I am planning on having the 433, a 439 all kitted out, a Landy ex gulf end of cold war,  and a few re-enacters have volunteered to assist...

I really hope the objectors turn up because their objections are totally without value and are just NIMBY type objections, if we listened to them the world would stop right now, however if they are genuine I want to put their minds at rest...this is never going to be a teaming 200 cars an hour type attraction trying to get into the museum...weekends we may see 100 cars I hope all day and cars will arrive and go during the day my thoughts are that people will visit for about 3 hours tops at the moment...

Access will be made easy by the planning application changes so i cannot see how anyone can object to the traffic issue, and if we ever did get to the point where traffic is an issue, a roundabout at the bottom of the road would help everyone especially the locals to get out onto the busy A339...a benefit to all those in Beech and Medstead...

If anyone else is about and wants to pop up and have a look you will be most welcome...

and keep the support coming guys you have said some brilliant stuff so far...

I think the NIMBY type objectors are being really narrow minded about the whole thing.

Blocking the road for a big delivery isn't going to happen very often, and, if they are expecting that many visitors, they must think it is going to be successful, which defeats their argument that no one will be interested in a load of old vehicles

Once you get it open (thinking positively here) I will certainly visit. I'll bring the wife,  and she'll want to visit the Jane Austin Museum that is just round the corner from you. So then, we'll need to overnight in a local hostelery, and eat and drink while we are there. It's all money coming into the area.

Bit of extra traffic is a small price to pay. I'll promise not to park near their driveway!

thank you guys, this is brilliant

the Public Consultation is 

THE Royal British Legion

Anstey Park, Anstey Rd 
GU34 2nb Alton, Hampshire

it will be on the 26th January, (next Sunday) 3-7.   everyone is welcome the bar will be open.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:16 PM, paulob1 said:

there is no reason why it should not work, i think one was incorrect or timed out so try this one...

https://planningpublicaccess.easthants.gov.uk/online-applications/

go to east hants planning and put in the code 27887/010...and the museum app will come up...

Nope, no succes;

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

thanks Guys, we are just 28 short of our target 100...if anyone else can help...your comments are vital, I know your not local but we have locals supporting too, but the strength of support is overwhelming the anti-everythings out there...