• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woo hoo, Monday, we put the application in for the museum, we are ready to go...we have every thing ready..we have the site ready, the coffee shop building ready the car park ready the entrance planne

So its the 3/4th July..tickets go on sale on the 1st May.  you have to buy tickets from partyace.com they are 11 pounds each for an adult, free for kids under 17, but you still need to get a ticket...

\SO its been an interesting month. We took delivery of the Frog 7 missile launcher, a ZIl 135 part of the 9K52-Luna M missile system.. We have bought a T54 An FV433 Abbott A Volvo

Posted Images

So we have our filming day tomorrow.  Big Narstie is coming to drive a few toys and then he is taking a zil away for a few weeks to have a play with it...will hopefully put the museum on the map a bit.  Will be a lot of fun too.  i have to show him how to drive a zil a kraz a 432 a ferret if he can get in it and a ural...maybe  I am not letting him drive the OT90 the MTLB the Saracen or any of the other toys...it will be on the TV in June or july...will let you know when.....Gave the mig a bit of a spruce up for the first time today, she need s a damn good clean, as do a lot of the toys..its coming...we will be open this year of that I am now sure, we have coffee and canteen arrangements coming along staff ready, tents and canopys ready, access nearly sorted and the place is nearly tidied...we are getting there...

Posted (edited)

So its the 3/4th July..tickets go on sale on the 1st May.  you have to buy tickets from partyace.com they are 11 pounds each for an adult, free for kids under 17, but you still need to get a ticket...it helps me with the admin and management.  I currently have no idea how to run this so I am using every trick I can to manage it properly and efficiently...so tickets sold mean I can plan on numbers which helps me plan so much else..  So bear with me...I am hoping to have a few surprises by then but thats for the day...not now...its going to be fairly low key to start with but we will get better at it and get more organised.  We will have coffee and tea and cakes and biscuits and maybe some hot food, we will likely ask a burger bar to attend for hot food...i have no idea how many will come hence the ticket sales but I don't expect to get more than 200 on the first weekend...but my limit is going to be 1000...so we should be okay...i cannot see 1000 people coming for a very long time..maybe when we get our TU95 bear in...we will have a small shop selling some smaller memorabilia and stuff and a load more besides but this is the start we have had covid and now I have to try and recover financially and work wise so its going to be much less than planned but it going to open...

Edited by paulob1
  • Like 2