AEC Militant Mk1 6x4 FV11008

Sean N

Transferred from the 'Heads Up' topic; this AEC Militant now for sale:

IMG_0025m.jpg

It's been shortened at the rear, and an extra subframe and the 4 tonner body fitted, but that could be removed quite easily. It runs and drives but the clutch is stuck and the fuel tank leaks.

Overall it looks tatty because of the body and the peeling paint, but from what I've seen of it it's actually fairly sound and would be quite straightforward to restore or put back on the road - the cab is a lot more solid than many unloved (or even well loved) old Militants.

It's in East Dorset, and advertised on behalf of a friend. If you'd like to come and have a look or want to know any more contact me.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

More photos by request

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

It looks a bit sorry for itself because the panit's awful, the body isn't great and it wants a good spruce up, but looking beyond that I'm not seeing any major cab rot or issues anywhere.

That is 6 x 4 Neil, you can tell from the front wheel hubs. The two auxiliary gear levers in the cab are Hi-Lo ratio and winch engagement.

Poor thing does need a bit of love. How much is your friend asking for her, Sean?

Edited by Zero-Five-Two
Add more text

That is 6 x 4 Neil, you can tell from the front wheel hubs. The two auxiliary gear levers in the cab are Hi-Lo ratio and winch engagement.

Poor thing does need a bit of love. How much is your friend asking for her, Sean?

Did wonder at that - but the winchers we had all had a hand throttle down beside the drivers seat (made for a good cruise control on the autobahns) and I didn't see that in the photos. We live and learn :-)