Post War British Military Bulldozers - Fowler Challengers? Vickers Vigor?

• 1 year later...

I am 87 now but was a plant op / instructor at the RAF plant School. I have good photographs taken in 1954 to 1958 of RAF AND ARMY plant in use in the 50s.

I have pics of the Vickers Vigor 180 in the workshops and an armoured bulldozer as well.

interested plus all the Plant used at both training establishments.

Am not too IT literate so I need an e mail address to send pics to.

your call.

Pat Honey. Ex Cpl Plant Op.

• Like 1

Dear Patrick Honey,

You must be psychic as I've just read a Classic Plant article on the "Gainsborough" where two of the photos of a Gainsborough and scraper in Thailand are attributed to yourself and I wanted to get in touch.  (see attached)

I served with the Royal Engineers as a Plant Cpl on Operation Crown and Post Crown airfield and road jobs 1966-68 and have fond memories of that time at Leong Nok Tha.  Were the photos you had of ACB operators as they were there at the start and right up until 1965 I believe?

I am writing a separate article on the "Gainsborough" for the Marshall Club's Britannia News and would love to put it past you beforehand if you didn't mind?

Incidentally in 1966 I attended the RAF's Airfield Construction Branch's Waterbeach training school for an A3 conversion course.  Perhaps you were one of my RAF instructors?

My email is <micknorton1944@gmail.com>

Regards,

Mick

2019 Oct Classic Plant Machinery Gainsboro p1of4.jpg

2019 Oct Classic Plant Machinery Gainsboro p2of4.jpg

ACB Gainsborough.jpg

doug-26__1_.jpg

MWT in Thailand.jpg

Thailand Gainsborough and Wingate roller.jpg

• Like 2