Roadsure Breakdown recovery - is now being testing by me :(

Jack

Just had a chat with Rex looking for a new axle - he doesn't have one - only banjos and said that I would have to source one from Europe. I really do not want this hassle.

Oh, and he said, that you never to GMC's backwards like that because the wheel nuts will undo............ :|

Maybe you could get a European (or Dutch) dealer bring the axle to Beltring? :dunno:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-read the thread and saw the list. I don't have any of that stuff I'm afraid :-(. (& btw Rex doesn't buy split axle trucks as they don't fit DUKWs). I'd put an ad on Milweb asap if you haven't already. At least the insurance should pay for it :|

Were you/are you planning to bring the truck to Beltring?

Hi Jack

There are loads of axles being advertised by European dealers.

I have a friend coming over from Germany on Monday 16th to set up a stall selling bits and bobs.

He could bring it over for you or as already stated the dealers could bring it over.

You are welcome to join my small but friendly field repairs team who will be working on my WLF - but they don't know it yet.

Let me know.

Markheliops

He could bring it over for you or as already stated the dealers could bring it over.

Great help Mark - could you PM me the price if you have it?!

Many thanks.

Jack.

Jeeeeeeesus

Just read this thread...

What a bugger... really sorry Jack that sucks...

:-o Same here;....................

Very sorry to read of this, Jack,

I'll also state, that once a driver has 'goods', on his vehicle, it becomes HIS responsibility to check load for security and content.

I'm with AA, (MW is right side of their loading weight/length. :-)) and there guys check and recheck load both before moving off, and during if a long recovery.

From reading your threads, it DOES sound like you've a dam good case for persuing the line of recovery driver fouling up big time, on this one.

I guess, for someone, it could have been MUCH worse,..........I've seen a wheel come off, at speed, and the damage caused, both with it hitting vehicles and to those swerving out of its way,......so, and I can guess its not the highest thing on your mind at present, the main thing is no-one was hurt.

Again, all the best mate.

Andy

NEWSFLASH

Two of Essex's finest travelled to Darkest Dorset today in the search of Jack's missing wheel, after a 3hour walk :whistle: up the A31 the wheel was finally found & retrieved...

Picture294.jpg

As we were down that way looking for Jack's wheel we decided to visit Bovy too :whistle:

Anyone wishing to see Jack's wheel it will be on display at Beltring.. after viewing please put a few coppers in the hat towards the GMC restoration fund... :-D

A few more wheel pics.. BTW the wheel is shagged Jack..

Picture297.jpg

Picture295.jpg

Picture296.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
photo links repaired

Great help Mark - could you PM me the price if you have it?!

Many thanks.

Jack.

Hi Jack

Been on to my friend in Germany - ref your axle.

He has a friend who wheels and deals in military vehicles. My friend thinks he has a GMC which he is breaking for spares.

I have informed him it needs to be a split axle - I don't know the difference - GMC's not being the toys of my choice - but he will check and come back to me a.s.a.p tomorrow.

If he does have what you need, my friend will bring it from Germany to Beltring for you on Monday 16th - I you want it.

Will let you know tomorrow if he has the axle you require.

Markheliops

PS Left you a message on your phone.

Hi Jack,

very sorry to hear about your troubles :cry: but no matter if your a professional hauler/ truck driver or a sunday trailer user to take rubbish to the local tip, once it is connected to your vehicle the trailer/load is solely the towing vehicles driver responsability, not his mate`s or passenger or mother who said it looks o.k. but the driver`s and in the company the next in line is his immediate supervisor/ manager these are the guy`s to contact...be calm.......present your case...lay the blame at their door 9using the advice supplied here). This should be enough be for engaging solicitor etc. (IMHO)

Ashley

Jack,

forgot to ask... have you stopped laughing yet :-D

Still LMFAO Lee......you are a true gent and a legend and also completely barking - I like that :-D and thank you very much for thinking of me and a bloody great picture!

This how it goes;

My mobile rings.

''Good afternoon, this is Jack''

''Jack its Lee''

''Hello mate, how the hell are you?''

''Very well thanks........do you want your tyre?''

''Just say that again''

'' Do...you...want...your..tyre?''

''Yes but it is in the middle of the reservation on the A31''

''No its not - its in my van''

'' :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :schocked: :schocked:'' said I.

'' My mate and I went across the road to get it for you - we nearly got killed''

''My god, you must be mad, I don't know what to say.....''

''No problems we have it safe and sound now but I think it is knackered...anyway, we are on our way back home now - see you later''

Not very often you get calls like that - life is sometimes rather strange :-D This movement seems to be full of eccentrics.

No problem Jack.. you have Ian2b to thank for spotting the wheel on the way to Bovy in the morning & on the way back throwing me in front of the traffic to get it... said he couldn't go get it as he had to make a video :dunno:

Luckily there was a break in the traffic on the trip back over the dual carriageway so got back ok.. still a bit :shake: though...

Wasn't until I got it back to the van that Ian spotted the CCTV camera pointing at me... probably be on one of those cop programs on sky with the comment.. "look at this idiot with the tyre" :whistle:

Guys this is the most funniest thing I have ever seen - there is 3 of us stood around the computer absolutely peeing ourselfs.

Chaps this is above and beyond and Lee your commentry is hilarious! This link will be emailed to all of my address book tomorrow! You guys rule!

THE WHEEL IS DEAD - LONG LIFE THE WHEEL!

You have made my day! I love HMVF!!!!!!

Jack i am really sorry to hear about this but am shaw it will be sorted but if you had chose to paint the wheel in pink as most of your over possesions it would have been much easier to spot!.

Kyle

P.S.Are you doing Beltring as it would be good to meet you mate