Stirling SMG.

Hi all, not sure if this post will be allowed but can't see why not but had to share. Just a quick post with regards to the EU deac law. This little baby was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday, very pleased with it and goes to show that the law so far is not totally active here yet. The site is well know for all types of Militaria and looks to have no intention of stopping the sale of their deac's.IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Hi, So, is that what should hang from the hooks behind the gunner in a ferret? What gun did the driver have?

Cheers

Jim

The Driver also had a Sterling SMG. & he stowed it in the fighting compartment, wherever He could find a spot for it to Rest.

One favourite spot, was behind the main radio Set behind the Commanders back.

There was no hard & fast rule on this, because each vehicle carried slightly differing loads/contents. & due to this, wherever you could fit another Sterling. Was all that counted!

Thanks all, The ferret I have has a padded butt holder on the left, underneath the ignition and a padded barrel holder roughly adjacent to the drivers seat base, fastened onto the left prop cover. Reckon it must be for a slim barrelled weapon, maybe an SLR?

Cheers

Jim

Thanks all, The ferret I have has a padded butt holder on the left, underneath the ignition and a padded barrel holder roughly adjacent to the drivers seat base, fastened onto the left prop cover. Reckon it must be for a slim barrelled weapon, maybe an SLR?

Cheers

Jim

Those are for the Bren or later L4A4.

Chris

This is one of my SLR's, my favourite and also the Bren which will both be for my ferret.[ATTACH=CONFIG]115305[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]115306[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]115307[/ATTACH]

Never used the 7.62 slr wooden stock but the plastic, always felt it was a rifle unlike the 5.56 slr (SA80). When being trained for a range conductors course for the Navy, did an afternoon on the Bren. My father always said that it had the part with the longest name but smallest part

• 1 year later...

SURVEYOR:

My father always said that it had the part with the longest name but smallest part.

Barrel release catch pin spring retaining pin.

If memory serves - I haven't a Bren to check. The pin that holds the spring that pushes the pin that enables the catch to click into open/closed position.

Told to me when I was a kid by an Indian Army WW2 veteran who worked at the barrier of Wimbledon station.

I vaguely remember a pin that the magazine well cover slid over and could depress for disassembly of the barrel release catch - I think. Long name but not the smallest component.