MatchFuzee

There have been several Jeeps recently sold in classic car auctions that have had very dubiious descriptions and similar unconfirmed history, some have lots of non original parts, but the usual auction madness they have sold for far more than actually worth, its always buyer beware at auctions

Edited by Nick Johns

Is it being sold as a Willys or Ford lol .just to be a rivet counter for a change lol , 12v conversion , Solex Carb , late water pump , Willys lighting switch ,the add on indicators/sidelamps under the reflectors look crap , jubilee clips on the hoses naff , white indicator switch on the dash where the lighting switch should be ,extra long valve stems ? Top Bow thumb screws and chains missing ,chains missing off screen thumb screws , never seen an ariel mount like that one ,Ford toolbox lids , Ford crossmember so obviously a Ford .

The GLOSS paint job I personally think looks rubbish ,also disapointing they never showed the bullet holes :rofl:

Its an easy job to rectify the above plus a new paint job .

What I do like about that Jeep is the early windscreen without the rifle holder mountings would look nice on my 42 Willys :)

If that reaches the estimate , I'll go eat grass with the donkey lol

Edited by Davey089

There have been several Jeeps recently sold in classic car auctions that have had very dubiious descriptions and similar unconfirmed history, some have lots of non original parts, but the usual auction madness they have sold for far more than actually worth, its always buyer beware at auctions

How true! A fool and his money are soon parted.:D

Is it being sold as a Willys or Ford lol .just to be a rivet counter for a change lol , 12v conversion , Solex Carb , late water pump , Willys lighting switch ,the add on indicators/sidelamps under the reflectors look crap , jubilee clips on the hoses naff , white indicator switch on the dash where the lighting switch should be ,extra long valve stems ? Top Bow thumb screws and chains missing ,chains missing off screen thumb screws , never seen an ariel mount like that one ,Ford toolbox lids , Ford crossmember so obviously a Ford .

The GLOSS paint job I personally think looks rubbish ,also disapointing they never showed the bullet holes :rofl:

Its an easy job to rectify the above plus a new paint job .

What I do like about that Jeep is the early windscreen without the rifle holder mountings would look nice on my 42 Willys :)

I agree with you, BUT it looks to have nice original plates on the glove box......Ive seen those alone sell for silly money :nut: :nut: :nut:

Thinking of biding on this.

Anyone more knowledgeable than me on Jeeps (which is pretty much all of you, I imagine) have an opinion on whether it's worth the estimate and likely to reach it?

Thanks.

If you are still thinking of bidding, remember that there is a buyer's premium of 10% on the hammer price and then VAT on the buyer's premium.

Thinking of biding on this.

Anyone more knowledgeable than me on Jeeps (which is pretty much all of you, I imagine) have an opinion on whether it's worth the estimate and likely to reach it?

Thanks.

not nice...tires not rite...freewheel hubs..bits missing..far better to go milweb..more choice and mostly cheaper than this one

• 1 month later...

Sold for £18,700 (£17,000 + £1,700 premium), so with an estimate of £17,000 to £20,000 is the donkey looking forward to having dinner with you? :-)

Nope - says you can contact the auctioneers to buy it for that, but it doesn't say it sold on the day.

So, presumably, it didn't reach that amount in open bidding, but that figure is what the seller has decided he'll take for it.

Good luck to him!

I'm sure when I looked at the auction results on Saturday that it was "Sold for" not "Buy now for" £18,700.

In case Davey089 has already eaten grass with the donkey, please don't tell him that the Jeep is still for sale :)

Edited by MatchFuzee
Tipo