Bedford OXC

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am in Sr Lanka for a couple of weeks and the first place i called into today i spotted this in the car park:wow:, complete with Bedford Scammel badge! Turns out it was this companies first truck and by the looks of it they got their monies worth out of it, now it take pride of place outside the offices.

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

• 2 months later...

Its May!!! have managed to do some work on the truck, not as much as i would have liked to though, work gets in the way al the time!

SO i cracked on with the wings and bonnet and completed all the wiring of the rear lights and trailer socket. i have wired it the same way as i found it i.e 1960's style lights etc, i managed to find some Lucas bakelite switchovers for the convoy light and FV style number plate/ convoy light. The rear light mounts are possible from a 432? they have a FV part number on them we found after blasting the parts. I found a pair of front indicators that are the same as the remains of what were fitted to the bedford, bloomin ugly looking that they are!

Repaired both front wings and made the new bonnet today. hopefully will be picking up some bonnet sides very soon from Devon.

Off to DVLA on Monday to register it :-) hopefully!

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...