Heads up for sale Centurion chassis X2 test beds

SLEEPER

good find, i wonder if they came off kirkcudbright and not warcop. i say that because they look a little too tidy to have been range targets and could have been used as some sort of gun platform for testing exotic ammo

That scruffy one was probably viewed by me about ten years ago in the scrapyard. It had a Perkins V8 to make it crawl about....

No that one was owned by a local called Vic Greirson.

These two still have the RR Meteor in them. I have got the scruffy one turning over for the guy. Just needs petrol and cars clearing probablyIMG-20160307-WA0000.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
sleeper anything happening with these two cents, do you know if anyone has been looking to buy them or what sort of money the scrapman is wanting to get out of them. they are too good to get torched !

I must admit I don't ask about money. John Morgan was asking scrap value I think. He can also move them. I got both engines turning on the scruffy one of the two. And I think would go with fresh petrol and the mags cleaning. Best ring him. I still have to get the other one started. In the next few weeks. Just to add they are in very good condition running gear wise. Someone sent me the pics of the base overhaul they got before being employed as test beds. They have done very little since then. The freshly painted one starts and drives no bother.

Edited by SLEEPER