Headcorn Military Show to be run by Headcorn Special Events (HSE

it seems the imps board is like the goverment with its statement of facts such a shame for the membership, is the next statement going to be lessons have been learnt if they have nothing to hide they should produce that or resign i for one would like the truth if D KINGS VERSION is not true prove it or go

As much as I agree with you matchless .... Has the issue now moved on a bit , I'm referring to how the Imps club appears to have crapped on one of its officers from a great hight . Instructing him to do one thing and then blaming him for setting up a show as instructed, As well as trying to ruin the guys crediblity with misleading emails and statements not backed up with facts etc.

I am not one to get involved with either the running of IMPS, or the politics, so I can only guess at the reasons for some members deciding to set up another show at the Hop Farm on the same weekend.

Personally both I and my friends have found that Combined OPs has been the most relaxed and enjoyable show of the year, and the best opportunity to catch up with like minded friends. Is it perfect? No, but for a relatively small club it's a great show, and I'm sure has deservedly been good for IMPS funds over the last few years.

This year I have another local show, non military but only 1 mile away, also on the same weekend, but both I and my friends will be at Headcorn as we've decided that overall it is by far the best option.

Jules

Having read Dave Kings statement, with significant details of the behind the scenes dealings, it leaves me somewhat disappointed with the message from Andy Neal the IMPS Chairman. What a mess. Hopefully there's enough time for the IMPS board to work out what's best for the IMP's members before the show date? I now swing towards the new show at the Hop Farm, but would like more information from IMPS, and to hear more of what others know/think of the situation.

Jules

Here is the latest report from the IMPS meeting this week, from Bob Ellis. It seems the two shows go there separate ways, on the same dates, which is IMHO, NOT in the members best interests:

"Some weeks ago, I asked you all to let me know your concerns about the Combined Ops show at Headcorn, and the 'rival' show at The Hop Farm, amid all the rumours and misconceptions.

Thank you to those who responded. I collated all the emails and made a list of concerns, with the intention of getting answers from the Board, at the AGM yesterday. However, in the days before the AGM, a number of things happened: among them, it was made public that Dave King had resigned from the Board on 28 Jan, and Andy Neal resigned as Chairman just before the AGM.

Fortunately, Tim Hewitt has stepped in as (acting) Chairman, and Nick Cowles has come back as Vice Chmn. As Tim's post as Events Secretary became vacant, Rex Cadman put his name forward to take up that post. In addition to the other existing Board Members, this Board format was voted for by the members present at the AGM. The attendance at the AGM was considerably more than normal, with those from East Kent as the largest contingent.

This means that we now have a Board fully committed to the welfare of the club, and the Combined Ops show. The agreement between IMPS and HSE is that the club receives £1000 per show, plus a percentage of profits. In addition, all IMPS members can attend the show without charge. It was confirmed by HSE last night that this agreement is binding, with no risk to the club in the event of a poor show. However, even though we have to do nothing, HSE would be happy to make use of IMPS volunteers, if you wish to do so.

The changeover of the Board went very smoothly, with all attending seemingly happy. Therefore, I had no need to ask for answers to the points raised by some of you, as those that could answer were no longer in position to do so. The Board has assured us that, should a similar situation occur in the future, the membership will be fully informed.

What we must do now is put this behind us, and continue to enjoy our hobby, and our club show at Headcorn."

Here is the latest report from the IMPS meeting this week, from Bob Ellis. It seems the two shows go there separate ways, on the same dates, which is IMHO, NOT in the members best interests:

As you say it might not be in the members best interest having two local shows on the same day , but as an established society IMPS needs it's members to support it's main event, even if the previous months activities have wound people up.

The chairman resigning says it all , and commitment of the remaining committee to reshuffle all positive in my view.

As with Rex Cadman taking up the events secretary post , that has made me smile and can only be a great move forward for IMPS at this time.

Why is imps supporting the combined ops show and not  the hop farm show as  they are  both being run as private shows not Imps shows.  why has imps given  the name combined ops to  the Headcorn show if its now  a privately  run show why was it not renamed? THE HOP FARM WAS ONE OF THE GREAT SHOWS run by Rex Cadman  so when D King was asked to put on  a show  I can understand him wanting to put it back at the hop farm as a lot of people would love to go back there.  There was no clash of dates as there was not going to be a show at Headcorn  and he did not try to put it to rival the war and peace show  

Why is imps supporting the combined ops show and not  the hop farm show as  they are  both being run as private shows not Imps shows.  why has imps given  the name combined ops to  the Headcorn show if its now  a privately  run show why was it not renamed? THE HOP FARM WAS ONE OF THE GREAT SHOWS run by Rex Cadman  so when D King was asked to put on  a show  I can understand him wanting to put it back at the hop farm as a lot of people would love to go back there.  There was no clash of dates as there was not going to be a show at Headcorn  and he did not try to put it to rival the war and peace show  

You need to read post #29 and check out this entry form, look at the IMPS Combined Ops logo at the top:

http://www.headcornevents.co.uk/downloads/Vehicle%20Entry%20Form.pdf

• 4 months later...

Looking forward to Combined Ops this weekend. We are in for a treat, with the Catalina flying boat flying in for a static display over the weekend and the Duke of Brabant B25 Mitchell using Headcorn for a base while displaying all four days at Eastbourne airshow.

Here are some details from the Headcorn Special Events site;

Air timings for Combined Ops this weekend Headcorn

Thursday 11th

B25 Mitchell Arrives 12.00 noon Friday 12th ...

Catalina arrives 14.00 (L)

Just back from Saturday at Headcorn. Fabulous day as always, and in spite of the troubles the event is just as good as ever. Mitchell Bomber is quite a sight taking off and landing at Headcorn as is the Catalina. I wondered how they got the two big birds in to Headcorn but apparently the Mitchell used to take off from Carriers and the drag for water landing aircraft means the Catalina has massive power excess. Nice to to see most of the old faces whilst missing one or two. Hopefully they will be back next year.

Just back from Saturday at Headcorn. Fabulous day as always, and in spite of the troubles the event is just as good as ever. Mitchell Bomber is quite a sight taking off and landing at Headcorn as is the Catalina. I wondered how they got the two big birds in to Headcorn but apparently the Mitchell used to take off from Carriers and the drag for water landing aircraft means the Catalina has massive power excess. Nice to to see most of the old faces whilst missing one or two. Hopefully they will be back next year.

Hi Andrew, sorry I missed you at Headcorn.

It was a fabulous weekend, and some new vehicles on show there. Well run and as always the aircraft part of the show was great. Seeing the Catalina arrive on Friday, and then today myself and friends having a guided tour of it with three very informative crew members was something special, an enjoyable half hour. Watching the Mitchell go out every day for its Eastbourne displays was a treat to. Well done to Headcorn Special Events team and IMPS.