IMPS Agreement for entry to War and Peace.

Markheliops

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im trying to write a reply without stepping out of line or sounding as pi---d off as I am.

To me the organisers responses in regard to various concerns make him sound like an arrogant twat. (Sorry)

Well Mr Organiser, I hope you are reading this:

In regard to "without me you have no show" - I have news for you! There are plenty of smaller shows and local events that welcome MV owners without expecting them to personally add to your financial gain.

It costs me, fellow co-owners, reenactors and family members time and money to support "your" show and if there's one thing that will send us elsewhere it's an arrogant attitude towards the very people that bring the public in to fill your pockets.

I've been trying hard to think of a reason to come to War and Peace 2016 but my mind is now made up.

I shall look for alternative shows and local fetes. Combined Ops will be a definite as its a great relaxed show run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

A sad end really as I've been attending this show for as long as I can remember but I think the show has been going down hill since it moved away from the Hop Farm.

I have always tried to support the show and as previously said, it's great to meet up with fellow owners and old friends.

Anyway enough said - for those that do attend the show enjoy but for me the magic has gone!

Clive, Lemmy was the founder and lead singer of the rock group Motorhead who passed away recently.

Ok Derek so that's answered that, but I'm none the wiser about these "Never seen before elements" that are being named after this man.

Im trying to write a reply without stepping out of line or sounding as pi---d off as I am.

To me the organisers responses in regard to various concerns make him sound like an arrogant twat. (Sorry)

Well Mr Organiser, I hope you are reading this:

In regard to "without me you have no show" - I have news for you! There are plenty of smaller shows and local events that welcome MV owners without expecting them to personally add to your financial gain.

It costs me, fellow co-owners, reenactors and family members time and money to support "your" show and if there's one thing that will send us elsewhere it's an arrogant attitude towards the very people that bring the public in to fill your pockets.

I've been trying hard to think of a reason to come to War and Peace 2016 but my mind is now made up.

I shall look for alternative shows and local fetes. Combined Ops will be a definite as its a great relaxed show run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

A sad end really as I've been attending this show for as long as I can remember but I think the show has been going down hill since it moved away from the Hop Farm.

I have always tried to support the show and as previously said, it's great to meet up with fellow owners and old friends.

Anyway enough said - for those that do attend the show enjoy but for me the magic has gone!

I like this author have been trying to compose a polite response to the 'QUOTE' attributed to the new organiser of W & P and find I could not do better than the above

Ok Derek so that's answered that, but I'm none the wiser about these "Never seen before elements" that are being named after this man.

Apart from this new rather arrogant owner I don't think anybody else is either:???

Mark,

I have to admit the "without me you would have no show" comment has also made my mind up. He certainly knows how to sweet-talk folk! Maybe if the traders are having the same experience we will see them moving to alternate shows?

My three shows of choice this year will be Wartime in the Vale, Capel, and Tanks and Trucks. All stonking shows for different reasons.

Mick

Clive,

you had to be there :)

Lemmy was a legend when he played with Hawkwind, never mind when he started Motorhead. There is a push from certain sectors to name a new element, allegedly some sort of "heavy metal" after Lemmy (leminium)...as he was Heavy Metal personified.

So..we also have an element that no-one has previously seen.

Mark, I have to admit the "without me you would have no show" comment has also made my mind up. He certainly knows how to sweet-talk folk! Mick

Ok so he's invested to make money and needs a return, and do I think he makes some very valid points, but this is exactly the same interpretation of how things work that was shown by pop group/singer song writer managers who took all the money earned by their 'discoveries' saying 'There are plenty more like you sonny, take it or leave it' in the past.

We all know how well that worked long term...

I went as a paying punter last year,on the saturday, the first time at the new site. The then organisers didn't seem to bothered about the paying public and the traffic management into the show car park was very poor. Yes operation stack didn't help but 4 hours to get 2 miles into the show was beyond a joke. To me the show lacked very little atmosphere compared to the Hop Farm. I know the reasons that the move had to be made. Living the other side of the country meant I travelled up on the Friday and stayed overnight locally all costing money, to be then having a maximum of 4 hours at the show was a little annoying. I can understand the costs involved with a show like this, but no show can exist without the exhibitors or general public. I had considered the long trip over in the GMC but the costs involved now and last year's experience have made me decide to stay with local shows where you are appreciated. It's a shame but W&P is to me no longer the show it once was for a paying member of the public let alone an exhibitor. A few local vintage shows tried to impliment a charge but this hasn't worked and have spent the last couple of years trying to get exhibitors back.

Edd

Based on the organisers' comments posted before, 60% of all exhibitors are scammers... I have been booked in as a crewmember on a friend's armoured car for the last few years for free and that was completely according to the rules, but apparently everyone who doesn't pay is a scammer now. £25 for a week's stay isn't unreasonable and having to pay something for the drastically improved toilet facilities is worth it too, but his apparent arrogance does strike a nerve.

It would help indeed if he could bother to answer some questions here. He does have a few valid points too and maybe his tone is the result of a changed context. I haven't decided yet but maybe I'll give the coming show the benefit of the doubt and see if I still like it.

In the past I have attended with my father in our jeep but he is too old to stay in a tent for a week now, so instead he now enters his classic Mercedes and sleeps off-site in a hotel for a few days. Because they now also allow civilian classic cars he will still attend.

It would help indeed if he could bother to answer some questions here. He does have a few valid points too and maybe his tone is the result of a changed context. I haven't decided yet but maybe I'll give the coming show the benefit of the doubt and see if I still like it.

Maybe, they aren't aware of HMVF.......

Edited by Jack

Based on the organisers' comments posted before, 60% of all exhibitors are scammers..

No, its only if you belong to either of these two clubs.

Item 14 ;- just clear up this point the scams do not all point towards the IMPS it applies to MVT also both as bad as each other

I can see any attempt at lockin until Sunday pm, ending in real tears. How do you stop someone who has got an armoured vehicle from leaving? Oh dear oh dear, riot and torn down barriers etc.

I will still go this year because of my mates but I WILL be leaving before 7pm Sunday.

I can see any attempt at lockin until Sunday pm, ending in real tears. How do you stop someone who has got an armoured vehicle from leaving? Oh dear oh dear, riot and torn down barriers etc.

I will still go this year because of my mates but I WILL be leaving before 7pm Sunday.

The show ends Saturday night this year, Sunday is a packing up day, so I'm fairly sure you will be leaving before 7pm Sunday because everyone else will too....

Evening I am a bit confused about the last point that the Imps and the Mvt are as bad as each other as I have been attending the show for a while now and have always paid the £25 entry fee,as far as I understand being an MVT member did not get me into the show free.l have looked on the website and it doesn't say that being in the MVT will get me in free(or if it does I missed it).

Simon

No, its only if you belong to either of these two clubs.

Item 14 ;- just clear up this point the scams do not all point towards the IMPS it applies to MVT also both as bad as each other

Hang on. So what he is saying that MVT and IMPS members are scammers but those who are not members of these clubs are perfectly honest decent folk. I would be interested in seeing how he could back that broad assumption up.

Hang on. So what he is saying that MVT and IMPS members are scammers but those who are not members of these clubs are perfectly honest decent folk. I would be interested in seeing how he could back that broad assumption up.

Item 3;- one of the many scams in getting your mates in !!! having sat at booking in all day

The last few replies above illustrate what I meant earlier, reactions to comments originally posted on another forum under what might be a different context. It's easy to see how this can result to mis-communication and misunderstandings so I hope the organiser will be able to reply to questions and assumptions first-hand.

I would have thought that the show website would be the place to post new information, general policies (with reasons if need be) together with the terms & conditions we would be required to sign once we get there.

At present there are just snippets from a magazine, bits from facebook & a motorcycle forum.

If you look at the news section on the show website it is blank. It would seem to be the obvious place to inform us & quash incorrect rumours. So things could be stated first hand without snippets here & there having to be passed on, maybe out of context, giving an unintended meaning.

unfortunatley war and peace has lost its feeling for me.as now im branded as a scammer for getting a driver in for one of my vehicles who isn't an imps member i'm giving this year a miss,i wish it only cost me £35 to camp onsite for 10 days.as my wife says we could have a proper holiday for what it costs lol

The show ends Saturday night this year, Sunday is a packing up day, so I'm fairly sure you will be leaving before 7pm Sunday because everyone else will too....

Thanks Chris - Told you I had not really looked at it yet...........