Wiring Missing from Auto Sparks Loom

Jelleyboy

Question

I need to create a section of the loom for the rear brake light and indicator, I have one but the other is absent from the loom. Could I ask what amp wiring I would need for this? would it be along the lines of 16.5amp or thereabouts?

thanks,

Luke

3 answers to this question

Luke

What voltage system and what is the power rating of the brake and indicator bulbs ?

The current actually drawn is found by dividing the bulb power by the voltage - so a 21W 12V bulb needs just under 2 amps. If there are multiple bulbs fed by the same wire add up the total current. For safety the wire should be rated well above the calculated current, and to avoid excessive voltage drop in the wires I would advise over-rating the wire by a factor of 5 to 10 above the calculated current, especially if it is long and there is space.

Regards

Iain

The Autosparks loom terminates at the rear Junction Box, you will then have to make either two or three mini looms, depending on where your number plate is located.

Main loom - 4 Cables - Black - Stop Lights , Pink - Tail Lights, Green/Red - LH Indicator, Green/White - RH Indicator

LH mini loom - 4 Cables -Black, Pink, Green/Red & Red/Green for Earth

RH mini loom - 4 Cables - Black, Pink, Green/White, Red/Green

Number Plate - 2 Cables - Pink, Red/Green.

I have left the Axle Lamp off as this has no functional purpose.

Andy