EU Weapons Ban

I own an MP40 film prop which from a distance looks quite realistic. It is obviously not a weapon and gives pleasure to younger members of the public who are allowed to handle it.

I decided to write to my MP ( Helen Jones, Labour, Warrington North ) re. the proposed ban.

She replied " I note your comments but do not agree with you. These weapons are dangerous and I cannot see why anyone would need one ". I believe her response is the official Labour party view.

I think she totally ignored my suggestion that the ban would not deter terrorists but would have an impact on owners of de-activated firearms which are legitimately held.

The term " flogging a dead horse " springs to mind.

I own an MP40 film prop which from a distance looks quite realistic. It is obviously not a weapon and gives pleasure to younger members of the public who are allowed to handle it.

I decided to write to my MP ( Helen Jones, Labour, Warrington North ) re. the proposed ban.

She replied " I note your comments but do not agree with you. These weapons are dangerous and I cannot see why anyone would need one ". I believe her response is the official Labour party view.

I think she totally ignored my suggestion that the ban would not deter terrorists but would have an impact on owners of de-activated firearms which are legitimately held.

The term " flogging a dead horse " springs to mind.

The politicians are desperate to reassure the public they have terrorism "under control," and they will enact any kind of window dressing legislation, unless they think such legislation will be politically costly to their career (they will not be reelected) or their political party. The only way you can derail their plans is to go on the offensive and publicize that instead of taking REAL measures, they are taking phony measures, which dupe the public into a false sense of security; instead of spending effort and resources on legitimate tools that will make citizens safe, they are spending money and squandering public resources on dubious efforts. Only by exposing their failure as elected officials, will you guys be able to do ANYTHING. You must organize, find a kindred spirit that owns a PR company, and start blasting social media. Present statistics on how many terrorist acts involved deactivated weapons that were reactivated. Expose how much time and money the politicos are spending on their campaign and what the expected outcome will be (zero effect).

Good luck.

Following my antics with Her Majesty's Constabulary for the Metropolis earlier this year. I'd suggest you contact your MP and point out ot her the Law of the Land speciffically states 'A Deactivated firearm, is NOT a Firearm'.

And a Drunk Driver behind the wheel of a Motor Vehicle, is actually MUCH more lethal than a deactivated weapon!

A kitchen knife is also, and a 3 foot long screwdriver or a Hammer. if you have the INTENT to use them as weapons.

A length of cheesewire is suitable for a garrot, the Mercury switches from Gas Heaters are lethal for making Bomb switches.

I STILL Fail to see how an Inert replica or an Airsoft Replica can be viewed as 'Lethal'?.........:nut:

It would seem to my mind, the most lethal thing around at the moment. Are unfettered, Power abusing & TOTALY Ignorant.

SELF SERVING, Nest feathering Members of Parliament!....:mad:

Who also conveniently seem to Forget, that they are they to represent the wishes of the VOTING PUBLIC!!! as Public SERVANTS!!!!!!

Well, the way forward now is VERY clear indeed! There is a referendum coming up Boys & Girls! If you want to keep your 'Toys', you KNOW how You MUST Vote.......................;)

Here in Waverley, Surrey I tried very hard to persuade our local council not to demolish a building housing 4 squash courts, as the were fully booked each evening by people who wanted to play squash. I got Sport England involved, Enqlish Squash and Raquetball wrote to the 'Chief Executive' pointing out the benefits in participation in Sport, I wrote to my Local MP Jeremy Hunt (I think i pointed out the health benefits!!) who dismayed me greatly by not supporting my campaign but standing behind the 'portfolio holder' Councillor who had history of closing courts and converting to profitable dance studios.

They wanted to hear none of it. I was a pesky vexatious squash playing pain in the neck for pointing out that hard working local people enjoyed a game in the evenings. Besides the facilities mix was based on the 'Survey', and Squash came below everything else , such as 'facilities for the young', 'facilities for the over 50's' and a whole host of non spaces in a list. It was now a condition of the planning - the courts had to go.

I never did understand how the 'Design Brief', provided to the architects, and not mentioning provision for Squash, could have been done based on the 'survey', given that the brief was written in January and the survey not conducted until August the same year!

When it came to the actual building work the rubble came in handy for filling in the swimming pool ; the latter part of the same condition that heralded the demolition of our courts stated 'all demolition material must be removed from site' was simple ignored. When i complained about this blatant breach I was told to proved proof ; after the video and photos were accepted as proof of the breach it was decided that this particular breach was quite ok!

Theres an old Police Nomonic. If you want to Agravate a crime take the WIFE. Weapon, Imatiation firearm, Firearm Explosive.

Imatation Firearm is described as ANY articale used in commision of a crime with the intent to convince the victim it is real'. So the law already exists to cover misuse.

I had a 'Discussion' with the CEO of my company and asked him would he give a monkey a machine gun? He looked at me blankly, till I pointed out a monkey with a machine gun might be able to kill 30 or so people, whilst with a full Double Decker bus I could kill seventy five at a go.

Inevitably this same train of thought will lead to the banning of private ownership of armoured vehicles within the EU. Why should a member of the public be allowed to own a dangerous machine designed for a war zone? I can see it coming a mile away! The road to hell is paved with good intention, never a truer saying in my experience.

The "government" has rejected the petition on the grounds and I quote " the government cannot change EU law ". They can ASK to opt out but are unlikely to do so as Cameron etc all seem determined to implement this latest madness from the all powerful EU. The above was taken straight from the governments own website so is likely to be the final word. As it stands our hobby is going to lose a large part of its attraction all in the vain belief that terrorists and armed maniacs will obey this law when they have ignored all the current ones. Bring on the referendum. :mad: