WAR & PEACE SHOW 2016_ new website taking online entries

cordenj

But does the "Exhibitors Information Booklet" that we will be given when we arrive & required to sign that we will adhere to, contain any other obligations I wonder?

The safety rules seem perfectly reasonable, but I would just like to know the full list of our obligations in the Exhibitors Information Booklet before arriving or indeed before submitting an entry.

The safety rules seem good much in line with other shows around the country Clive I would think the information booklet would and should contain the same information reguarding safety possibly more information on toilets,shops ect but a good point would be useful if at stoneligth they had a copy for people to have a look at.

Al

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen (& NOT Forgetting the Ladies! :-)) W&P is one of the biggest World Wide acknowleged shows on the Planet.

I personally, have always avoided ANY show that requires Me as an Exhibitor. To pay for attending, as I'm sure a lot of us here have done?

However, taking in the cost of Fuel & other incurred expenses for Me to get to W&P. As it's literally 'Up the Road' from where I Live. The Travelling cost is almost negligible.

I do object to Paying to enter W&P, However. As we have little or apparently no control over the New entry 'Requirement'.

Find myself in a position where to attend this year, I. Like all of us now. Will HAVE to stump up the required Fee! :mad:

The reason for Me doing so in NOT because I wish to support the show. But, that every year I have deployed there. I have really enjoyed myself. Not JUST because of all the displays & vehicles Per say.

But it is one of the main highlights of the year for Me. As I meet up with dear friends from the UK & overseas. That I only manage to see once a year. BECAUSE they attend W&P!

With my own 'Set-up' / Display/ Vehicle/ Equipment/ Etc. I am totally self supporting. (Including a Toilet & Shower) But.

As I (As do we all) find myself in a position where I have to pay to go to this show. For the first time in my life. I will (Reluctantly) now have to pay to attend! :embarrassed:

Now back to basics: I have stated on this forum previously. We are ALL Amabssidors of our Beloved respective Hobbies.

From comments allegedly laid down by the new organiser (I have not been in communication with him) I do recoil at the Comments that 'MVT & IMPs Members are all Scammers'! :mad: THAT is certainly NOT the way to win over prospective exhibitors/ supporters of this show!

If I may make a respectful suggestion here?

I do not go to Stoneleigh myself. So, If anyone who is attending that show. And also wishing to attend W&P. could approach the 'Management/ new owner' of W&P. And put to Him/Them our feelings at his unjust comments levelled against us a MAJORITY. (There will always be individuals who do try to 'Scam' at any type of show in the Country) & that we are not ALL of that background/level/type of person!

He should (Respectfully) be reminded that his comments were uncalled for. Where He has generalised with the 'Pointing Finger' at all of Us Here. & that we do NOT subscribe to being 'Scammers'.

Also more IMPORTANTLY! If He is able to be seen/ explained to. that if he continues with a Pig Headed Attitude. that lumps us all in one basket, so to speak. Then exhibitors will vote with their feet after his initial show this year.

And NOT bother attending again. He will see this as the numbers dwindle, & the hoped for 'Big Profit' he expects to make.

Does NOT materialise!.........(And possibly, his outlay costs may NOT be covered by the show eventually!..........) :angel:

Or is this the Wrong approach I lay down Here?..............:nut:

• 2 weeks later...

They were very busy most of the day when I went past the stand rex was there as well (may be visiting) there seem to be a lot of entrys being taken, one of the lads from our team had a chat with them and found them very helpful ??

Al

I had a chat with them. They are communicating via email and phone they said.

The public car parking will be in right hand field as we enter from road. behind where the booking in stall was first yr.

The no exit rule applies Sat afternoon until 6am Sunday.

I was told a roadway will be down so exit Sunday is easy.

i was worried that the transport costs for tanks would have to be met by the owners, in which case i would not have gone, as £2500 to spend 5 days in a field in kent is not an option but the guy i spoke to seemed quite helpful and although he didn't give me a definative answer sounded sure i'd be sorted out with transport.

rick

Do people with tanks get paid transport costs. I have a dingo do I get transport fees?

The answer to that would seem to be who you are?

I was never offered transport costs for the Chieftain ARRV.

Some paid a reduced rate for there vehicles being transported and some managed to pay nothing for their transport.

The above applied not only to tanks.

Markheliops

Some paid a reduced rate for there vehicles being transported and some managed to pay nothing for their transport.

Markheliops

me neither,last year i was quoted £1500 plus vat plus tolls to take two saracens so needless to say they didin't go!

Markheliops

I emailed Rex a few years ago after I bought the OT -having paid the first years bill in full - asking if he could help with the transport costs - thereafter the show paid a % of the bill (usually 50%). I have written to the new organisers asking if they will continue to honour this.

It seems to be a question of ask and you get.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me , but it looks like they don`t want anything on display , because for every vehicle extra or bike , you have to pay extra , so in my view people will just be bringing the most convenient thing for them , just to see old friends. If this would have been a new show there would be very few subscriptions . Traders seem to be very few either.

No, it isn't just you. We always put a heap of money in to get two to three vehicles in, a 101 ambulance does not run cheap. I see my family that week and take the back ache on the uneven surface as a nessasary evil. Half of the show my wife cannot even get away from the tents as she is half wheelchair bound. I use my wheelchair to get from the bed to my medication and then get breakfast while the morphine kicks in. It is a struggle to be there and the new prices makes me divert to other shows like Hollowel steam and Rushden Cavelcade. I don't know what my dad and brothers will do but it was my wife and my last show at the racecourse.

I'm not at all sure whats going on with the W&P show and some of the threads on here.

I had quite a long chat with one of the organisors (Jamie) at the recent Malvern show.

There were no "reading between the lines" in what he explained to me. I did NOT question him re the "IMPS" position as that does not concern me.

I must admit to agreeing with SOME of their sentiments, for example

Photo of you vehicle......this is to try and prevent people entering the show at £25 then turning up in something thats not really an ex MV. That one has my vote.

£10 toilet charge....well for years people have moaned about the condition of toilets, now on the whole we do note need them (within camping) BUT remember its £10 per booking,so those booking say 4 vehicles in it works out at £2.50 p/v.I think this is a see how it works tester. With 2 people per vehicle the extra £1.25 per person wont worry me.....

The ban on exit after 08:00hrs or return before 18:00hrs on show days is in their words pure fantasy and as such Jamie said should there be a problem to contact him.

The question I would ask is this, how many people who worked on/for the show during Rex's ownership are NOT working for the new owner.

I did suggest that the new owners posted on the forums............

When you complete the online booking, is there an acknowledgement? Mine just returned to the beginning so, I have no idea if I have booked once, twice or not at all.

I still think the 'You cannot leave' mantra is going to cause problems.

"I still think the 'You cannot leave' mantra is going to cause problems"

Personally I believe they will not be able to stop you, BUT I also believe/get the impression call it what you want...that there are a number of people want to see this Years W&P fail/struggle, again call it what you want. I will send my entry in by post as I always have along with the relevant photo's of vehicles & hope that it will help stop the (I think the word was scammers !!!!) getting in cheaply.

I have no connection with the show, but I for one am prepared to give it a chance, we never know it could improve.

I made my booking last Nov. as soon as it went on-line. Never received any acknowledgement so in the end had to e-mail them as I could not remember whether I had or not (yeah - I know - old age is a bitch!!).

I think personally leniency has to be given as they have only just taken over the show and there is a learning curve in all things.. I know the new owner has organised other shows in the shooting world - but W&P was always one of a kind in size and scope. :)

I just booked online using the IMPS form and that went OK. Payment for the toilets resulted in them immediately emailing me a receipt which has an instruction to bring with you to the show as it represents your ticket. So if you dont get this, you have a problem, it looks like. My only slight hassle was that I had to upload vehicle photos twice and I still do not understand the logic behind this one, bearing in mind you have to submit the registration number of the vehicle (which they can check and confirm what it is) and a submitted photo hardly guarantees that this is the vehicle you are taking, or even own! Anyhow, the proof of the new pudding will be in the eating.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, is it the case that you cannot turn up with an MV half way through the week to W&PR? So I understand owners need to be arriving on Monday to be in place for the opening on Tuesday and must stay till the close of business on Saturday, which for may of us means week off work. Now if I can't spare 5 days leave then can I arrive say on Wednesday? And if I do what happens? Am I to be in the civi quiet campers field or can I park up in field with all the other MVs.

So I have heard I cannot set up a civi tent next to my MV so I'll bring the 9x9 if that helps to get me in to the MV parking area later in the week than Monday.

Guys, is it the case that you cannot turn up with an MV half way through the week to W&PR? So I understand owners need to be arriving on Monday to be in place for the opening on Tuesday and must stay till the close of business on Saturday, which for may of us means week off work. Now if I can't spare 5 days leave then can I arrive say on Wednesday? And if I do what happens? Am I to be in the civi quiet campers field or can I park up in field with all the other MVs.

So I have heard I cannot set up a civi tent next to my MV so I'll bring the 9x9 if that helps to get me in to the MV parking area later in the week than Monday.

Larry,

The only people who can answer your questions are the organisers, I would email or phone them to get the correct information.

I have my answer!

Entry to the site will be from Friday 15 July 2016, and exhibitors must be set up and ready for the show opening on Tuesday 19thJuly at 10.00 hours, so it’s preferable to arrive Monday latest. The show ends on Saturday 23rd July but exhibitors will not be allowed to pack up and leave the site until Sunday morning at 06:00 hours. W&PR is a five day show, not a four or four and a half day show, so if you are not able to meet this criteria do not apply!

Actually arriving on Monday and leaving on Sunday makes it a 7 day show for me, and I wasn't previously aware that MV owners couldn't come home on Saturday after the public had left. I wonder how this will affect our friends from across the Channel who have to get back to work the day after?

Edited by LarryH57