Haved you seen this switch?

sas pinkie

Question

8 answers to this question

That looks like a Landrover series 2 diesel ignition switch. It should have a key barrel in the middle and the wings are there to help turn the switch against spring pressure rather than all the force being put key/barrel.

When i get chance later on i will get a part number for you.

Jon

The barrel/key comes built into the winged part. Never seen listed a blank in a rover parts book but thats not to say a military version existed for FV's. The part number for it is 536913.

You could cut the head off the key so it sits in barrel and fill the top?

Pinkies, used "normal" FV pattern light/ignition switch.

Your quite right andrew the 2a pinkies do use the normal fv light/ignition switch how ever the pinkie in question here is the more modern 110 pinkie and the older switch with key was no longer used the thinking being that fv's shouldn't use keys that can be lost or broken.

I need to identify this switch, it is the original ignition switch for my Pinkie, but doubt it is unique to this vehicle and would assume it is off another military vehicle, perhaps a CVRT or 432??? Do any of you guys recognise it, or even better have one??

From the deepest darkest recesses of my memory, to start a CVR(T) you first turn the driver's T Bar master switch to bring the power online then, after checking it's in neutral, you press a big black button like the horn on a Ferret. Or a meringue?

Tip of the day: If you are tactical, sat in your Ferret driver's seat and fancy catching up on some ZZZs, apply the horn cover before drifting off. There is nothing as embarrassing as sliding forward in your seat and activating the horn with your knee, then being the last person in the county to hear it because it's on the outside and you are on the inside, with a headset on to "monitor the HF radio" which is churning out white noise to put you to sleep.

From the deepest darkest recesses of my memory, to start a CVR(T) you first turn the driver's T Bar master switch to bring the power online then, after checking it's in neutral, you press a big black button like the horn on a Ferret. Or a meringue?

Sort of.... after turning the power on you need to switch the ignition on using the rotary switch in the middle of the light switch. The starter button is a small black button on the dash and nothing at all like a Ferret horn.