Historic Goods Vehicle_Has there been a change in Legislation re "Goods Vehicle Test"

Received my V11 Vehicle Tax reminder for the 1943 Chevrolet today. This is the first of renewal after importing and licensing the truck.

It is exempt from goods vehicle testing by virtue of its age and I submitted a signed V112G at time of registration with DVLA.

Exempt from MoT as pre-1960

Easy I thought, just went on the DVLA system, and it will not progress my renewal because it does not have an MOT certificate.

Close examination of the V11 reminder form highlights the sentence: "This vehicle needs a goods vehicle test certificate from 1/1/2016"

So my question to the forum is, am I missing something new:

"Has there been a change in testing requirements of historic goods vehicles in UK to be implemented from 1st Jan 2016?"

Evening Clive,

The V11 definitely says "Historic Vehicle".

The Declaration of Exemption from Goods Vehicle Testing V112G has Category 33 "Motor Vehicles first used before 1 Jan 1960, used unladen and not drawing a laden trailer". So the Chev fits the bill.

John does your Taxation Class just say "Historic Vehicle" or has "Goods" crept into the class somehow?

Had all this nonsense earlier in the year online with my Ferret, rang them and was told to ignore it. The Ferret does not need an MOT.

Diana

(At least this time around I did not have go to the nearest Post Office to hand them a V112G which they promptly threw in the bin last year)

Received my V11 Vehicle Tax reminder for the 1943 Chevrolet today. This is the first of renewal after importing and licensing the truck.

It is exempt from goods vehicle testing by virtue of its age and I submitted a signed V112G at time of registration with DVLA.

Exempt from MoT as pre-1960

Easy I thought, just went on the DVLA system, and it will not progress my renewal because it does not have an MOT certificate.

Close examination of the V11 reminder form highlights the sentence: "This vehicle needs a goods vehicle test certificate from 1/1/2016"

So my question to the forum is, am I missing something new:

"Has there been a change in testing requirements of historic goods vehicles in UK to be implemented from 1st Jan 2016?"

I think you'll find that if you go to a post office and put a X in the "It doesn't need one" box, you'll get your tax disc and the DVLA vehicle record will be updated ready for next year.

This is what happened when they updated all records for existing vehicles over the last couple of years. Maybe the system is designed to extract a declaration from you that you don't need one.

Tony

I don't get that option when completing the online application, which made me wonder if a new requirement for heavier vehicles had quietly been made mandatory.

Anyway, I've now found an email address for the Vehicle Tax section of DVLA and contacted them for clarification or correction.

Will let the forum know their response

To tax my Dodges online in the 'Does it have MOT?' I ticked yes, and the system accepted it.

Tony

I don't get that option when completing the online application, which made me wonder if a new requirement for heavier vehicles had quietly been made mandatory.

Anyway, I've now found an email address for the Vehicle Tax section of DVLA and contacted them for clarification or correction.

Will let the forum know their response

THEY were on a dreaded Beta system the last time I taxed a standard vehicle. So true to form probably take a system that works and %^88() it. Now all MOT's etc are 'On Line' the 'Software' probably buzzes the electrons about and if the right one dsoen't ping has a hissy fit. To quote a very old joke 'I don't care if you can see it on the shelf, the Computer says we don't have any'.

Well, after a couple of email contacts with DVLA, I've had this reply today:

"Dear Mr Corden

Thank you for your email received on 9/11/15.

It may help if I explain that there is currently a technical issue with the online and telephone services not recognising where a pre 1960 vehicle is MOT exempt. This is being investigated.

In the meantime, you will be able to tax the vehicle at the Post Office with either the V11 reminder or the V5C Registration Certificate.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience with this matter.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our Reply Form"

So not a new requirement, just a DVLA IT glitch......