1970's Northern Ireland, British Army re-enactors.

Tunnel_Rat

Never been to war and peace so surprised when I saw this

WEAPONS

Only vehicle mounted weapons or those, as part of a static display will be allowed on site. These

must remain secure at all times and must comply with current H. M. Govt. regulations. No weapons

are to be carried around on the site. NO BLANK ROUNDS or PYROTECHNICS may be brought on

site unless pre-arranged with the organiser. In the light of public opinion the organisers must insist

that ALL WEAPONS brought onto the site for display or sale must comply with CURRENT U.K.

legislation. Anyone found to be disregarding this request will not be re-invited to attend. Please

ensure that you follow this request to assist in keeping the reputation of War & Peace as being a

“Family Show”. Thank you. No BB guns or air rifles to be used on site.

Used to overlord, Paul do we have permisson for blanks for our brownings?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul - I am very peed off I missed a rendezvous with you, given we had talked about it. Maybe we can get a proper photoshoot together like we intended. I am really sorry not to have covered your displays..it was one I was looking forward to. I can't work out how I was on site for five days and still missed things I planned to do. The mud is a bit to blame as is the fact I didn't have an All Areas pass for my Iltis which led to a frank encounter with some of the Barmy Army diligently manning the bridge. There were not enough passes to go round and I was not prepared to risk travelling around to do stuff if I could not go where I wanted with ease. It is another little bit of organisational stuff that will hopefully be ironed out next time. They want me back again, so I must have been doing something right.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I will come and find you lads very early on to sort out a proper snapping session to take place when you're all ready. I've got a fifteen year old who is very keen to see what you're doing.

I'm hoping to stay on line throughout the show if I can get access at the Hop Farm, so I can keep in touch with everyone right until you travel.

I'm going Sunday morning and although I've got no MV this year - I'm planning to do a lot. So keep me in the loop to get snaps of your efforts on the event site and for future use on here and elsewhere.

MB