Dodge Ram 1500

chevpol

Hi folks,

I am back!!! (oh no, I hear from some older members ;-) )

Anyway, I have just bought the above mentioned vehicle ex USAF Police, so I am after info.

Anybody out there in HMVF land got any piccys of them in service etc?

TTFN

Mark

the first is the said truck, the second is the only piccy I have of one in service

Picture 010.jpg

$_57.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chevpol - have you thought of sussing out the Steel Soldiers forum? It's the US based MV forum and has lots of former servicemen as well as weekend soldiers, so there is a good chance that some of them will remember the 1500 Ram.

I had the civi version (2500) as a work truck - it's retired now, but still drive it around locally for the farm. Love it.

I'm off to the big MV meeting in Georgia today, and will be crashing with a former USAF chappie. I'll ask him about them.

H

• 3 weeks later...
I havnt thought about that site, will have a look

Thanks

Mark

What you have is standard pick up used on U.S bases in the UK. These were sold off as the Ford F series came into service. U.S military police units use the Ford Interceptor now.

Something to check on your truck. That particular model is prone to rust out on the bottom of the doors and rocker panels. May I sugges you pull the door panels (cards) off and have a peek inside.

John G

Archived