Chevrolet CMP C8a

Somehow, until now, I've managed to miss this very impressive and detailed restoration. A lot of thought must have gone into this with the innovative little touches. Incidentally, time doesn't matter, quality does and it shows here.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Afternoon Johann, 

Really nice work you carried out on the HUP. I don't suppose you have any detailed plans on the body? Sizes, dimensions etc. I've just acquired a 'butchered' Chevy that's in need of the rear body, but I'm at a loss where to start. 

• 4 months later...

Hello Gary,

For some reason I have only just found this post, so please forgive me for not responding. I feel your pain, I had the same problem when I started, no one would give me the slightest help, it was so frustrating. One owner at a show even wanted to charge me £15 for taking pictures of a HUP. Then one day I had a message from a gentleman from Canada, one Robert Morrison who had a HUP, he offered to take pictures that would include a tape measure to help me with the dimensions.

Without his help, I still wouldn't be finished. My intention had been to do a complete set of drawings for the body and then post them for everyone's future reference but when I mentioned this to another member his response was " they haven't helped you, so f..k them, I wouldn't help them". It's not the right attitude but at that point I lost heart and gave up.

If you would like a copy of the pictures, let me know.

Jon

9 hours ago, johann morris said:

One owner at a show even wanted to charge me £15 for taking pictures of a HUP.

How sad..... Most owners of MV's are more than helpful and are willing for like minded people to crawl all over their vehicles. I would have never got anywhere with my ongoing MWC restoration if it wasn't for heplful owners, forum members etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Johann

You did a great job. I already restored a Chevrolet CGT and still have a HUW, HUP and HUA to be restored. I appreciated to watch and copy all the pictures you posted. They might be useful for my future restorations. We never have enough information. I can't understand that a CMP owner charged 15 pounds for taking pictures. Most of the time, military vehicle owners are proud of their baby and allow people to take pictures of them.

Cheers

Eric Delcommenne

Brussels, Belgium