Nazi gold train found in Poland?

I have tried to follow this but there has been a lot of hype and speculation and its hard to tell where the facts stop and the BS starts, was there a railway line there at some stage ? if so why was it filled in ? it may not be filled with a train but what was considered junk at the end of WW2 may well be worth digging up, Tanks , trucks , motorbikes , aircraft parts , guns, all good , but not dead bodies of unfortunate people or live ammunition, very interested to see how this pans out !

I have tried to follow this but there has been a lot of hype and speculation and its hard to tell where the facts stop and the BS starts,
an unfortunate but unavoidable aspect of human nature I'm afraid

Moving a lot of dirt this morning, and it's at the base of the hill. There was something in a video earlier about concerns for the power lines over the siding , so according this spokesperson for the mining company they are going to try and open the tunnel entrance

At any rate, they have a professional german mining company taking this on, shouldn't be too much " muckin about" :)

Video here of the dig

Digging deeper (note , states the dig may take 10 days) , probably reach Oz before they find anything ,,
LOL:D

No need to go to Oz, once you get below the depth of the main rail line you've gone too far

There's a map from 1936 showing a siding there, so the chances of at least hitting some rails would seem to be good. Whether that siding holds anything, well.............

They've spent north of $130K, so I hope they at least find something for their troubles

A piece of railway track has been discovered in a new hole close to a power pole, as well as a horseshoe in another hole.

well a piece of old track is what you would expect right next to a rail-line that has been there for what, 100 years? If they don't find the real tracks today or rail-siding entrance after 4 days digging, then chances are there's nothing there.

Still, you'll never know if you don't look right :undecided:

Drone camera zoom footage is poor , the controller seems afraid to fly lower - possibility of 'AA' fire ??

LOL

even after 70 years underground, Quad mounted 20mm Flakvierling on flat rail-cars are still deadly to low flying aircraft.

Don't mess with the Nazi gold train :D

It seems 50% of chosen excavation pits completed = 50% chance left ,
considering they've already dug down 20 meters into the most promising spots based on geo-radar readings, it's seems like there's a .05% chance left.

Nevertheless , they actually put their money where their mouths were and that's more than you can say for most people. Talk is cheap, excavation is expensive

I remember a book by Clive Cussler here they looked for a manuscript where the UK "gave" Canada to the USA, the last threads seem to reflect this.

May be Time Team should be there

IIRC - it was "Night Probe" - story was there were two copies of a treaty - one went down in a shipwreck, the other was lost when a train was stolen by a "daring train robber" who blasted the entry to the tunnel it was hidden in - and over cooked the bang sealing everyone inside.

IIRC - it was "Night Probe" - story was there were two copies of a treaty - one went down in a shipwreck, the other was lost when a train was stolen by a "daring train robber" who blasted the entry to the tunnel it was hidden in - and over cooked the bang sealing everyone inside.

Thanks, I was about to go up the attic and try and find it to get its name

• 1 month later...