2015 show - who is going this year?

For the first time in about 10 years (barring one year due to the birth of Tugger Jnr Mk II less than a month before the show...and my attendance would have insured all future association with my son would be by means of monthly visits and a costly maintenance order) I'll not be attending with a vehicle. It's not due to the show, but rather available holiday and work commitments. :-(

Parts of me are really going to miss it; the planning, packing up, the camaraderie, the sun, the rain, having said that though, there is the fact that I won't miss it as much as I would have done if it were at Beltring. Folkestone hasn't really gelled for me as a site, but as I've said before, I'm in it to catch up with really good friends with the added advantage of some big boys toys thrown in.

That said, I will hopefully be going as a day tripper on one day to catch up with these friends... and because I don't think I can quite manage a whole year without picking my way through some trade stalls trying to find some old tat to fill my workshop :cool2:

Edited by Tugger

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my show "pack" today, although not so much a pack as a letter of welcome and a vehicle entry slip. No bumf this year it seems........no bad thing........no map for newbies, but I guess there IS the website. But there is a note that vehicle data forms will be issued on entry and a plea to fill them in...........which is not so good as I know many folk laminate theirs, not least because many vehicles do not have a cab with a windscreen! See you there.....I will be in the green truck and wearing green clothes. Ferg

My pack arrived yesterday. Kind of worrying as I have been allocated TAV1 for the OT - usually it's allocated one up in the twenties..... Got 25 and 26 for the Landie and UAZ.

I would suggest a lack of armour entering this year Neil!

We have booked in 2x CVRT. After last year I wasn't sure if we would bother taking armour again, but hopefully it's a good week. Pity they cancelled the post war vehicle road run this year, maybe that was due to the maniac standing up driving the 432 last year with no track pads, who went though a hedge on the way back?

chris was that at the top of the hill on the way back ? I saw some track marks on the road and assumed it was one of the carrier guys that misjudged the corner.

lol I feel bad because I tackled them and didn't believe them when no one admitted to it

rick

• 3 weeks later...

going down thursday morning from huntingdon/st neots area with the WMIK and Snatch and a mates Snatch if any one wants to join up, coming back saturday.

I have 3 spare passenger seats and passes also if anyone is interested.

I am planning to go down on the Saturday 18th and start to set up the valitine and one of the ferrets will be arriving on the sunday with the rest arriving during the week when will you be down Rick?

Al

morning al

not really sure, I plan on getting down on Tuesday but that depends on the tank, we are pulling the gearbox today and fitting new seals and hydraulic lines and maybe the engine after that so it's up to the spanner gods whether it's ready in time to go down early in the week but i'm hopeful we can get it done and running well this year !

rick

morning al

not really sure, I plan on getting down on Tuesday but that depends on the tank, we are pulling the gearbox today and fitting new seals and hydraulic lines and maybe the engine after that so it's up to the spanner gods whether it's ready in time to go down early in the week but i'm hopeful we can get it done and running well this year !

rick

Ok we will see you when you arrive were in the same spot as last year the valitine is going down this sunday with the ferret and dingo. Don't forget your the tea boy !

Al