RIP Chatty

Bob Grundy

I got my Tracklink today, a magazine of The Friends of The Tank Museum and was sad to see the death being announced of Catty Taylor on 11 May. His real name was Graham late of 3RTR and I first met him in 1984. He was somewhat outspoken as some of you will know but I never had any trouble with him at all, indeed he was always friendly and helpful to me.

Another 'character' gone.........

I got my Tracklink today, a magazine of The Friends of The Tank Museum and was sad to see the death being announced of Catty Taylor on 11 May. His real name was Graham late of 3RTR and I first met him in 1984. He was somewhat outspoken as some of you will know but I never had any trouble with him at all, indeed he was always friendly and helpful to me.

Another 'character' gone.........

Hi Bob,

That is very sad news, he would not have had a long retirement either. I first remember him from mid-80's when MVT started the end of season weekends there, one of life's characters for sure. He told it as it was!

regards, Richard

Likewise I first met him at those Bovy do's in the 80's and we were all well used to his outspoken manner. Lately I've been bumping into him at motorcycle jumbles. Despite the fact that he ran over someone's car with one of those ex Iraqi tanks he was still one of the few who was allowed to drive the Rolls Royce armoured car. A definite Brylcream biker bloke and as said "another character gone" Ron

• 5 years later...

Chatty was my commander in Fallingbostle in the mid 70's our call singn was 1 2 alpha. He was larger then life then, and even though I was Only a trooper he was a good friend. Saw him once or twice at Bovington when I was pasing through. 

Sadly I only heard of his passing some time later.