Exports from Norway stopped?

arthur.m

Hi,

there was discussion a couple of days ago on a Norwegian MV page about a Danish guy who lost his GMC to the Norwegian Customs due to unability to produce a Export permission from The Norwegian War Museum. If this is true it will be very sad. They say you need this permission if you are taking a historic MV older than 50 yrs out of Norway. It's supposed to be an old regulation, but for some reason they are now taking it more seriously... I dont't know, maybe it's just a single case. Ask Your Norwegian contacs if you're doing deals over there.

Arthur

I, too, was hoping to buy a Jimmy from Norway, I was just about to send the money and had arranged a transport. Now I'll wait. The Customs told me to contact the science museum, I'll try that, but on the other hand, I'm not in hurry with this truck. I guess the Norwegians hate to see the cars, motorcycles and trucks go abroad, that are really unique, like the ones from the German occupation. If I've understood correctly they are still turning complete GMCs to tractor trailers in the countryside, lot's of them still around.

Arthur