Albion 6x4 10 ton Machinery RE

Sean N

Just reviewing the topic, it looks like yours, the one David Crouch had, REME museum, the one near Bath, the one near Degsy, the Muckleburgh one, and the one from Silsoe (assuming none of those are dead or double counted) plus unknowns.

Edited by Sean N

Just reviewing the topic, it looks like yours, the one David Crouch had, REME museum, the one near Bath, the one near Degsy and the one from Silsoe (assuming none of those are dead or double counted) plus unknowns.

And as I previously mentioned at the the start of this thread, I saw last year an unrestored Albion machinery truck at the Muckleburgh collection in Norfolk

Edited by Nick Johns

And as I previously mentioned at the the start of this thread, I saw last year an unrestored Albion machinery truck at the Muckleburgh collection in Norfolk

Yes of course, I know that one, its empty in the back and is in pretty poor condition, I did have a look round that one a few years back.

This is the Muckleborough one:

Albion truck

That looks as though it's seen better days!

Sorry Nick, my confusion. Somehow I'd got the impression the Muckleburgh one was Ashcollection's one. List edited to suit.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Had one of these on charge in Singarpore in 1967-69.  A challenge to drive especially on the steering  due to the weight when fully loaded with the full CES kit including metal and spare bottles for the welding kit.  

Remember getting pulled over by the RMP in a speed check just over the causeway on route to a construction job in Malaya what a laugh lucky if I could raise 29 mph with the old girl.  They were the good old days.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to say 'thanks for the memories'. I drove one of these towing it's 27.5 kva generator while serving with 43 Fd Pk Sqn in Osnabruck in 1965. Great fun!

On 6/5/2019 at 12:24 PM, Ashcollection said:

got one of these, runs sweet, lathe etc still in the back of it, unfortunately at the moment it's trapped in my shed next to a Bedford RL with a REME workshop on it, so we don't get to drive it now.

kens stuff 368.jpg

IMG-20150423-00759.jpg

IMG-20150423-00760.jpg

IMG-20150423-00761.jpg

IMG-20150423-00762.jpg

• Like 1