jeep canvas why Worthing and NOT Allied

I have been buying John & Mary Worthing jeep canvas for the last 20 years and my dad before me. I was told to try Allied forces canvas. So I gave them a call as they are more expensive than Worthing

Q, why is your canvas products more expensive than john & Mary Worthing's

A, our canvas is more heavier, better made. better quality and goes through quality control before sent out to make sure the customer is happy.

Q, ok, can you tell me about the colour. is it green or olive?

A, it is olive

Q, ok . how long will it take for me to get my order?

A, If you want all the canvas in the same colour it usually takes around 6 weeks

Q, do you supply trade prices?

A, no but i will give you free delivery

Q, that's great give me a ring when it is ready.

one week later i get a call . [ your canvas is ready ]

payment made . delivered a couple of days later

and this is the fun bit

as far as olive i had not seen any so I asked members of the mvt club what colour they would say the canvas was . GREEN not one parson said olive .

Also if you look at the stitching you can see that it has been stitched picked and re stitched . this to me is not good craftsman ship as I have never had this from John & Mary Worthing's its also at the front of the cushion in view.

I gave them a call today thinking they may have left a message on an answering phone as there web page offers no information of opening times .

it was answered so I just said sorry to bother you but is address on the web site was a return address ? Jim replied why what is the problem so I told him and this was his answer.

SEND IT BACK AND I WILL REFUND YOU AND DONT EVER RING OF CONTACT THIS FU**ING COMAPANY AGAIN icon_exclaim.gif

as I have been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome I am glad I record all my phone conversations.

the moral of the storey is you usually get what you pay for. technically not in this case.

alliad canvas 001.jpg

I have been buying John & Mary Worthing jeep canvas for the last 20 years and my dad before me. I was told to try Allied forces canvas. So I gave them a call as they are more expensive than Worthing

Q, why is your canvas products more expensive than john & Mary Worthing's

A, our canvas is more heavier, better made. better quality and goes through quality control before sent out to make sure the customer is happy.

Q, ok, can you tell me about the colour. is it green or olive?

A, it is olive

Q, ok . how long will it take for me to get my order?

A, If you want all the canvas in the same colour it usually takes around 6 weeks

Q, do you supply trade prices?

A, no but i will give you free delivery

Q, that's great give me a ring when it is ready.

one week later i get a call . [ your canvas is ready ]

payment made . delivered a couple of days later

and this is the fun bit

as far as olive i had not seen any so I asked members of the mvt club what colour they would say the canvas was . GREEN not one parson said olive .

Also if you look at the stitching you can see that it has been stitched picked and re stitched . this to me is not good craftsman ship as I have never had this from John & Mary Worthing's its also at the front of the cushion in view.

I gave them a call today thinking they may have left a message on an answering phone as there web page offers no information of opening times .

it was answered so I just said sorry to bother you but is address on the web site was a return address ? Jim replied why what is the problem so I told him and this was his answer.

SEND IT BACK AND I WILL REFUND YOU AND DONT EVER RING OF CONTACT THIS FU**ING COMAPANY AGAIN icon_exclaim.gif

as I have been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome I am glad I record all my phone conversations.

the moral of the storey is you usually get what you pay for. technically not in this case.[/QUOT

Yeah there canvas is green , what I will say though I prefer their design of the full Jeep winter kit, personally I think its a better design in the way its fitted .

See what you mean about the cushion stitching I wouldn't accept either .

Dave

• 5 years later...