Which tent do you use and why?

Catch 22 LBDR

I am looking at getting an Army tent for doing the show circuit and it got me thinking. What tent do other people use and why. Most people go for the 9x9 wolf/command tent but you will pay for a good one. I guess i am wondering if there is an alternatives out there. Maybe a crewman shelter?

I'm currently on the hunt for a 9 x 9, reasons for it are it's a good size for 2 people and can easily be set up by them, you can stand up in it and mainly as I have a Wolf it can connect giving me an easy storage area / power for lighting etc.

The crew shelters are ok but low and require a vehicle to attach too.

12 x 12 nice size for a family, heavy to set up best with 3 people, takes up a lot of room and can be cold as it's a large area to warm up.

Poncho perfect if on your own and don't mind using your bivi bag.

yes I have a 7x9 which is good for one plenty of room but two I find its a bit cramped for small shows 1 or 2 days. On the big shows 4 or more days I have a 4 man civvy tent plenty room and comfort.

Al

I think the best tent I have had to date was a 15 x 15 foot ridge tent - much easier to put up short handed than the frame one but big enough to put up tables for a radio station with room to move around afterwards. I'm going to try a 10 x 10 bell tent this summer and see if it is easier to put up

Regards

Iain

If it is just a weekend show then I use the 7x9 tent ample for one two at a push

if it is a longer show I use a 9x9 or a bell tent depending on how many

the 9x9 is ok for two people if any more then use the bell tent and finally if

there is no restriction and four or more people I use a large modern tent

Commander

I live out of my Marshall Ambulance at shows, but I have a CVRT Side-Tent attached as a lean-to.

I don't use it for sleeping in (well, not currently but I have in the past), I use it as a place to stick the odd chair/extra bits n bobs/stuff I've bought and the emergency night-time bucket!!

I use a fairly unobtrusive length of 1/2" wide awning rail along the side to slip it in, not that noticeable...

If I'm out in the wilds somewhere I don't usually bother, I just fire everything underneath!!

Alec.