WW1 Dennis truck find

Great War truck

Rambowot's model is absolutely superb! What material has it been made from and how exactly has it been made? On a different note this advertisement has just appeared for sale on the Australian Vintage Commercial Vehicle facebook pages for AUS$20.

dennis poster.jpg

2 hours ago, Asciidv said:

Rambowot's model is absolutely superb! What material has it been made from and how exactly has it been made?

It looks like DLP (or possibly SLA) 3D printing to me. 
If it is, then it's based on a rather nice bit of 3D modelling, things like the canvas tilt are not easy to model. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, andypugh said:

It looks like DLP (or possibly SLA) 3D printing to me. 
If it is, then it's based on a rather nice bit of 3D modelling, things like the canvas tilt are not easy to model. 

You're wright Andy, I have an Anycubic Photon Mono X with specials linear rails wich gives better accuracy while printing.

• 5 months later...

We went out on Saturday to a local get-together and had a great day. Weather was just perfect!

600.JPG.9ffecbf4df5e45ef03ff97ea9b55cfb0.JPG

During my pre-trip inspection, I noticed that the brake adjuster had a crack.

601.JPG.f2d18bbc31c9e22f0ff2a2d95ce09c15.JPG

On our return, although I wasn't too concerned, I thought that it should get some attention so I had a rummage in the stores and turned up two more.

602.JPG.638b3ba46b57270b8ed36260f1ced53a.JPG

A good wire brushing and some heat and I had a replacement which wasn't so crisp but wasn't cracked.

603.JPG.480babc1ccb41e8f1437bd0e0fdbfbc6.JPG

The question arises, however, as to why it was cracked. I came to the conclusion that I had run out of thread on the brake rod and that driving it over the end had split it. Solution to that was to cut an extra inch of thread on the rod.

604.JPG.7f5e599d7192117573272312fadeb3d8.JPG

It is all back together and ready for the next outing but it goes to show that I need to keep a close eye on the thing if I am to keep out of trouble!

Steve    🙂

• Like 4