Diamond T 980 and 981 75th Anniversary Gathering

Adrian

Dear Adrian.

Would you provide space (tent) for models of Diamond T's, just as an add on, you have seen my collection, and as said I will be adding another set to the ones already made, could also bring my collection of Corgi T's not very big now, but have managed to get the House Move which I think was a bit scarse in the UK. I do know of other model makers who have made the T, if you can let me know on this I can contact them at Gaydon (june 13/14th) this yera, where my models will be on display, I expect also Graham Upchurch would display his collection, I can contact him as well.

Looking forward to seeing this page progress,

Regards from

Dick

Hello,

We have been to the Normandy 2014 anniversary with a group of 5 diamond M20 trucks and rogers trailers.

They are all based in Belgium. We would like to join the diamond gathering.

Is it possible to cross the channel and drive through Great Brittain with the diamond + rogers, do we need some special licences ?

Kind Regards.

Hi Claes,

You would be very welcome with 5 T's! No limitations towing an unladen Rogers.

Do you have a contact number I can contact you on?

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Evening folks,

Thanks for all the positive responses. So far we have interest from around 15 vehicles, majority being M20 plus a few 969's. The number of vehicles may well dictate where we can go especially if the Rogers trailers are included.

In generating a short list of possibilities I have tried to consider central events and taken into account suggestions from others. Now that we have an idea how many we could expect we can realistically look at where we can go.

It looks like Wartime in the Vale could accommodate out gathering. South Cerney could also take the numbers but for those owners in North Wales and higher it is a long run down. I have a few leads on other events and I will call round to see where other possibilities lie.

Thanks again for your support,

Ade.

• 2 weeks later...

Adrian, it needs a bit of thought so not to clash with popular MV or special shows or events on here, or the continent if we expect overseas visitors to attend ! As always the more notice given and reminders , the better chance of a good attendance. Keep flying the DT flag:thanx:

Adrian, it needs a bit of thought so not to clash with popular MV or special shows or events on here, or the continent if we expect overseas visitors to attend ! As always the more notice given and reminders , the better chance of a good attendance. Keep flying the DT flag:thanx:

John,

There are a number of considerations here, yes we need to avoid clashes with other events but also the location should be fair to all. We also need to consider the space available. At the moment we have interest for around 16 vehicles plus a number of trailers. We may be limited as to where we can fit them all in. A number of options are available. I will put up a short list soon.

Thanks,

Ade.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

Had a visit to Wartime In The Vale over the weekend and discussed possibilities should of holding DT75 there. Many thanks to Paul for his time.

Overall feelings are very positive. There appears to be room for between 15 and 20 vehicles and there is also an opportunity for those bring vehicles from afar to arrive earlier in the week and stay until Monday or Tuesday.

Access to and from the ring can be simplified to allow movement through what is a tightly packed but well organised arena.

I consider this venue to be a prime candidate but there are two outstanding issues. Firstly, since the event A&E 2016 has been announced, which may well clash with WITV. it would be good to know how may vehicles we would likely loose to A&E should the events clash. Secondly I realise that while this is much further north than GDSF it is still a long way for our northern friends to come.

It would be good at this early stage to know how far folks are willing to travel. Feel free to post a reply here, send me a pm, or call me on 07794064719.

Not putting all our eggs into one basket so we are looking at one or two other possibilities further north. However, for a southern venue WITV should be considered a strong possibility but I have also had a number of enquiries about holding DT75 at the Gloucestershire Steam Extravaganza at South Cerney. Thinking this is a bit too far south I had not made enquiries but if there is sufficient interest I will discuss it with the organisers.

Cheers,

Ade.

Just to confirm that the dates for Wartime in the Vale will be 18 & 19 June 2016, so it does mean we will be clashing with A&E, but we've clashed before & don't think it had much impact on either event due to distance apart & type of events.

As Ade mentioned we discussed a location option, where Spitfire was this year, so below are a couple of pics to show approximately where, with meterage to be confirmed nearer the time.

And would create an extra entrance/exit in that corner of the arena.

So hope this helps, but realise you might still need to consider other events.

cheers

Paul

Drone Arena & car park.jpg

DT75 Location.jpg

• 3 months later...

Announcement: Diamond T 75th Anniversary Meeting.

It is with great pleasure that we can announce that the Diamond T 75th anniversary gathering will take place at the Yorkshire Wartime Experience on 8th to 10th July 2016.

The venue has been chosen as it has more than sufficient capacity for the number of vehicles we are hoping to attract, which is well in excess of 20. Also there is sufficient space for support vehicles.

The venue is within a short distance to Hull which will allow our friends from the continent easy access via Rotterdam.

At YWE we will be able to park together in a dedicated area. The combination of military and civilian liveries is not an issue and we have access to the display arena.

The proposed venue choice of Wartime in the Vale clashed with Armour and Embarkation, and with the number of interested parties growing we needed to look for a site which would give the largest capacity. We wish to sincerely thank the organisers of Wartime in the Vale for their interest in holding this gathering.

While we realise that this is a long run for those in the South we are making this announcement early to enable those who wish to attend time to plan transportation. I am one of those who will have to look at low-loadering a vehicle and I would like those who do not have direct access to a tractor-trailer to get in touch if they have any problems regarding getting their Diamond T up north.

We hope this decision is to everyone’s liking and we will see you at YWE in 2016.

Thanks,

Adrian