Water buckets--PROOF

Karoshi

Richard that's a ridiculous suggestion, hold hands! You obviously have a poor understanding of etiquette & of what is required of participants. You have to grip the vertical rails throughout, otherwise you fall over.

Ah I misunderstood I thought the fetish was buckets per se. I didn't grasp that it was canvas that was so special for you all. In which case, then you need this:

WCchair.jpg

Now you see why it is hung out at the back of the vehicle.

Now you see why it is hung out at the back of the vehicle. Clive.

Thanks for the correction there Clive, lets try and stay focused. No more of your cra*. on metal buckets. lol.

Buckets, canvas, water, for the use of. Vehicles, adornment. !

For those of you not knowing the history of this thread it was an attempt to prove that Canvas water buckets were carried strapped to a Jerry can.

Another well known contributor on another well known military vehicle forum stated that they weren't. EVER!

Right well you asked for it!

Definitive evidence, I quote from:

Complete Equipment Schedule

Army Code No.33606

Launcher Guided Missile Truck Mounted Armoured Malkara (FV1620) 1 Ton, 4x4, Humber.

Item No.195 J1-7240-99-943-8717

Buckets, Water, Canvas, Mk.5

So it looks if I should have to carry one of these damn things around as well!

Well it seems that Buckets, Water, Canvas, Mk.5 is still the latest version & used not just by UK but, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia & New Zealand.

Even the RAF have a part no for it 21E474. It conforms to the specifications required in Defence Standard 72-3 Buckets, General Purpose & to Britrish Standard 3358.

So the UK seems fairly commited to canvas buckets to this day :-).

• 2 weeks later...