1944 Flying Flea

Davey089

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most likely a repro!! if you carefully measure the mounts, then you will find one at a jumble for half the price!

Don't think I'll go as far north as Catterick! but can always post.

Cheers,

Lex

That's what I was thinking a repo ,bit on the steep side . I'll take the chain guard with me :D .Which way will you be going back M62 East or West ? . Just a thought could catch up with you at a service station .

Cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

On the hunt again :nut: for the throttle stop , scoured the internet but not found one yet , anyone have one they would like to sell or know of a good place to try ? .I've tried Hitchcocks , Baxters and looked at Enfield dealers but drawing blanks .

Picture of the elusive part

2176.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 12/7/2014 at 7:09 PM, Ron said:

Sorry, forgot to post the picture.

You can also buy the tank top transfer and the lube details and the headlamp Miller transfer from "Classic Transfers"

Ron

re%2002.jpg

Hello Ron, you mention transfers for the Flea. From classic transfers I can find the diamond Miller headlamp one, but none others. What other ones do I need for my Flea please ?

Thanks

Nice Flea!!!! Yes, I had the transfers made by Classic Transfers, years ago, had a very good sample picture of the petrol/oil mixing from Matt Moore, and the Miller logo from an original brochure from my archives, together with a factory picture.

Cheers,

lex

Miller logo 1944.jpg

Miller logo for Blackoutmask002.JPG

tank mixture.jpg

On 2/9/2015 at 1:26 AM, Davey089 said:

On the hunt again :nut: for the throttle stop , scoured the internet but not found one yet , anyone have one they would like to sell or know of a good place to try ? .I've tried Hitchcocks , Baxters and looked at Enfield dealers but drawing blanks .

Picture of the elusive part

2176.jpg

Very difficult part, I have an NOS one, that I will have cast eventually, but not on the top of my list, do have the other parts.

It can be made however from a little block of aluminium, drill/machine a 7/8" hole in it, and with a grinder and files etc. you can shape one, lots of work, but can be done. Pictures of the real one.

Cheers,

Lex

Flea Throttle part 02.jpg

Flea Throttle part 03.jpg

Flea Throttle part 05.jpg

IMG_8328 - kopie.jpg

001a.jpg