any cucv owners about ?

c101 comando

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I know it's an old thread but I really need to connect with some owners in the UK!!

I have a 1985 M1008.

I need all sorts of help!!!

You can try Steel Soldiers. It's an American-based forum and these are as plentiful on it as fleas on a dog's butt. I have to warn you that the forum members are snarly bunch and when you ask questions, you frequently get a reply to "read the TM" -- which frustrated the heck out of me... But still there are so many on that forum, you are bound to get help.

There are tons of vendors in US that supply parts as well.

• 4 months later...

Just picked up my ex USAAF M1009; she has an 700R4 (overdrive) transmission so goes really rather well on the motorway! Nice complete example with all interior trim present and everything works. Would benefit from a repaint and a bit of cleaning inside, but she's a real credit to the previous owner who had her for 10 years and kept her in tip-top mechanical condition. The chassis is thoroughly waxoiled so no rust anywhere. My ambition is to try and maintain her in the way she has been to date. Unfortunately my garage door is 20mm too low tfor the Blazer to fit under it, so I'll be looking to get a bigger door at some point in the future!

Photo0578.jpg

• 3 years later...

I have had my M1008 for round 15 years and use it often. Its just gone through its second  mini overhaul and I've fitted an artic heater kit. Its ex RAF Mildenhall , 321 STS.

I have kept it as near original bar some extra lights etc as I use it regularly although I don't put big miles on. For a collectable ex military vehicle it is very useful!

IMAG0363.JPG

IMAG0330.JPG

IMAG0331.JPG

I sold my M1009 to a forum member at the northern tip of the Uk as it was being problematic to park in my road (due to width and living in a Cul-de-sac). Not long after that I moved to a house with a driveway, so wish I could have kept it! Would love an M1009 or Dodge equivalent at some point. Would be tempted to drop a Cummins B Series in one too. 

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

I sold my M1009 to a forum member at the northern tip of the Uk as it was being problematic to park in my road (due to width and living in a Cul-de-sac). Not long after that I moved to a house with a driveway, so wish I could have kept it! Would love an M1009 or Dodge equivalent at some point. Would be tempted to drop a Cummins B Series in one too. 

I'd love a Blazer, If the engine was shot I'd  be tempted to put in a 6.5 turbo or a Duramax and a decent box. With the Cummins I think you would loose load space to the extra fuel tank you would need! ;-)

Prices seem to steadily increase on these trucks but if a Blazer minus engine turns up.......

Would also love a M151 A2.  I had one a few years back, ex Budge diesel, it was written off by young lads driving too fast over ground and rolling corner to corner. They were OK but the Mutt was not. Seen it for sale rebuilt  a year or so later with no mention of the accident.

Iain

9 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

The M1009 is still doing well. It needs a radiator badly but it's still rumbling away nicely 😁

Alec.