Mystery Object No.25

Is it an OPFOR vehicle for use at BATUS?

Yup something like that well done. No doubt operated by the Fantasians! I put it here really as a clue to Mystery Object No.24 to see if it would trigger any thoughts, but it seems not.

App0458.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

Yup something like that well done. No doubt operated by the Fantasians! I put it here really as a clue to Mystery Object No.24 to see if it would trigger any thoughts, but it seems not.

A bit like a CVR(T) Sturgeon, then?

As an aside, can anyone tell me how this CVR(T) derivative got its name?

There were some FV432/30s at Withams with that strange grey/green colour scheme. Was it primarily used at BATUS or elsewhere? Also, did all the Milan Compact Turret Spartans end up at BATUS too? I've seen a photo of loads of them lined up at Ashchurch or Ludgershall in the early 90s but I've only seen a couple in private hands or museums.

Chris

There were some FV432/30s at Withams with that strange grey/green colour scheme. Was it primarily used at BATUS or elsewhere? Also, did all the Milan Compact Turret Spartans end up at BATUS too? I've seen a photo of loads of them lined up at Ashchurch or Ludgershall in the early 90s but I've only seen a couple in private hands or museums.

Chris

Chris I've not seen any of them outside depots. On that Ludgershall visit there were two plain white Spartans & two yellow ones, all in good condition. So I don't know it they were rangemasters or adjudicators but seems a bit elaborate for those roles.

Clive,

There are a few of them in amongst the Scorpions in this photo. I guess this was 1993/4 or so, due to the Foxes, Scorpions and Ferrets all parked up? Any idea where this was taken?

Chris

1.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

Clive,

There are a few of them in amongst the Scorpions in this photo. I guess this was 1993/4 or so, due to the Foxes, Scorpions and Ferrets all parked up? Any idea where this was taken?

Chris

Chris

Ludgershall I think

(your flashing avatar makes my ed urt & has something driven over that ferret?)