My new toy,

little ray

Hi all, its been a while since I was here but family and health issues have kept us in check and things had to slow down. I gave up on the tanks out here for now as I found them to late and already sold or the scrap dealers beat me so I purchased this today. It was a FV439 but now stripped out and thats ok for what I want and will take delivery next week but I need to know how to start it and drive it, is there ant drivers manuals around and were would I get parts from please should I need any. Even the Mrs who is not the best is waiting for a ride around the farm and I will not need to open gates any more... Ray

Copy of apc 2.jpg

apc 6.jpg

Hi all, its been a while since I was here but family and health issues have kept us in check and things had to slow down. I gave up on the tanks out here for now as I found them to late and already sold or the scrap dealers beat me so I purchased this today. It was a FV439 but now stripped out and thats ok for what I want and will take delivery next week but I need to know how to start it and drive it, is there ant drivers manuals around and were would I get parts from please should I need any. Even the Mrs who is not the best is waiting for a ride around the farm and I will not need to open gates any more... Ray

Hi Ray,

There is one actively used for events by a young guy down near Campbelltown, not that far from you in Aussie distances. They get to the events at the Steam Museum at Menangle, one coming up in October. They will be able to show you around the controls, etc.

regards, Richard

You can download most of the manuals and parts books for free from fv432.co.uk but please don't feel the urge to sell them on as they are still crown copyright. The key things to know is checking levels and the most common irritation which is the solenoid that starts and stops the fuel pump and frequently doesn't work.

As Toner said the 432 forum is the centre of wisdom on these machines. I have a 434 so I am on the forum.

David

It should have a data plate low down on the engine bulkhead just behind the driver's seat which will tell you its army reg number, what it is and when it has been rebuilt. It should also have a 30mm square plate welded to the back, above the LH towing eye, which has the hull number stamped on it in very small numbers. The hull numbers seem to be directly related to the registrations so it is likely that the registration can be worked out from the hull no. if needed. Once we know these numbers we might be able to tell you a bit more about it.

David

Hi fellow members, sorry for the delay in getting back to you but the Mrs spent another day in hospital so I just sat and waited all day, now to answer some of your questions, it had generators or one mounted on the top, the top hatch is welded shut so thats a job to reopen.

As to the data plate,I dont know till it gets here on Tuesday then all will be revealed, I watch that TV show escape to the country and the buyers complain if they have to go 30 miles, this thing is coming 4000Kms in 4 days, that like Moscow to London and back to Poland, as Richard said distance to us is in hours not miles so we are just waiting as I have asked for it to be on the truck backwards so it can drive off but if all else fails we will hook the big tractor (500HP) and tow it off.

this was the other vehicle that was for sale with it and it has gone to a guy 50Kmls away.

$_20.JPG

Aha! With those Gennies, and that frame on the roof, it looks to me like a 439 Radio Relay.

I don't know about the kit inside, mind.

I have a 439 (Single Access Switch) Message centre - It has the same two 3kVa gennies on the roof in the 'Armoured box'

but it doesn't have that tube frame that yours has. (I think Only the 439 SAS MC has the large (Twice as long) NBC filter box on the right side .

Have FUN with your new toy :-)

'Chas.'

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, here is photo of the ID plate off the APC and it tells us its a 439, as a question through, who would have spares for one of these 430 series vehicles or who would be wrecking one for odd bits I will need to make it a good looker please.. I would just love to take it through the McDonald's drive through and ask for a soft serve.. Ray

apc 067.jpg