1944 G.M.C bolster truck & trailer restoration.

image.jpgSo after this big aldeal of when the engine was running the breaks was all locking up, rebuilt vac etc didn't cure it, it was ovbiously a vac related problam, I was lucky enough to be put onto a new hydrovac that was in the states, couple weaks later and the problams cured, we rebuilt the carb new set of points and condenser and she's running like a Swiss watch, just in the middle of changing 2 wheel cylinders, will try upload a vidio of her running, Bill.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 6 years later...

Nice to see my old bolster truck up and running I owned her  before Hugh  Oliver and after Geoff Maskell who originally imported her. A lovely truck I should have kept.. I replaced all the wheel cylinders , master cylinder and flexies. Everything but the hydrovac ( ouch !)

The number on the hood sides if you can make it out was correct for this truck confirmed by no other than Bart Vanderveen .

Just before I sold the truck I found that Featherlight have a wing in their standard range of the correct width and radius they are too long but could easily shorten, its intended for 18 x22.5 super single tyres. The trailer is post war but similar to wartime ones except for wheels and track width

I had a stripped timing gear disaster on the M25 the engine now has a metal cam gear one less thing to worry about 

A sweet engine as you say and the nicest GMC gearbox I've ever shifted drives like new. Lovely motor.