Storch flying.

Pzkpfw-e

.......Video article on Shuttleworth's Storch....

It doesn't belong to the Shuttleworth. It is privately owned by Pete Holloway, but based at Old Warden. Pete use to fly R/C models with me many years ago, and always fancied an R/C Storch. I guess he couldn't find an R/C model, so restored a full size one!

• 3 months later...

It will be good if the government can roll back a few silly laws made, well you know where, that said aircraft need to be insured according to their weight, rather than usage, so Sally B would pay more than a buzz jet, and also those laws that made anyone wanting to hire out a Dakota for pleasure flights, have to seal the cockpit and fit safety doors half way down the fuselage with inflatable escape slide.

I believe there are already exemptions for Dakota operators to carry passengers, but none have taken up the option.

You can however go flying in a Spitfire but only if you can reach the bottom of your deep pockets.

http://www.boultbeeflightacademy.co.uk/#!passenger-flights/c1exu

Mike

Currently delving down the cushions of any sofa I can get at:D

Why is it that the powers that be only act after they realise they have wrecked someone's business, by which time company that gave pleasure flights has gone bust and no one can be bothered to replace them. No more Dak flights round the Isle of Wight, and no more regular pleasure flights over the D-Day beaches in the summer months!

I believe there are already exemptions for Dakota operators to carry passengers, but none have taken up the option.

DDA Classic Airlines in the Netherlands operates a Dakota. They are the first historical airline in the world(!) to receive the Air Operator Certificate (EASA-OPS-AOC).

https://www.dutchdakota.nl/en/home/

My post should have read, none in the UK, as far as I am aware.

That's correct: none anywhere. DDA Classic Airlines is the first historical airline in the world(!) to carry passengers in Dakotas without exemptions & under regular Air Operator certificate.

Quite a feat when you take into account that the aircraft is a 1930s design which is operated and maintained by volunteers. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed flying with them:

Edited by mcspool

That's correct: none anywhere. DDA Classic Airlines is the first historical airline in the world(!) to carry passengers in Dakotas without exemptions & under regular Air Operator certificate.

Quite a feat when you take into account that the aircraft is a 1930s design which is operated and maintained by volunteers. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed flying with them:

So what about Buffalo Airways who operate DC3s on scheduled passenger flights.

Not forget a C46

http://www.buffaloairways.com/index.php?page=passenger-service

Mike

PS: I watch Discovery channel