Carrier parts prices?

Carruthers

Carrier parts are mostly traded and therefore i wondered if anyone could assist which an actual price for UC double bogie complete with T16 wheels and solid idler wheel, and also T16 wheels individually. The wheels I have are in super condition with little used tyres.

any help much appreciated

Simon

no worries

I've got several spare sets and wheels and so they're surplus/ not correct for my mk 2.

At least I have an indication of their value and can think about selling them against other bits I need...

Simon

Edited by Carruthers
Spelling

T16 was a universal carrier. The correct nomenclature is Carrier, Universal, T16.

Yes but there are some differences in parts and real Universal Carriers particularly British manufactured ones, price wise, are a lot more desirable than T16's which only saw service with Canadians in NW Europe.

as far as I can remember the t16 units are identical to carrier although they have inner and outer springs in both front and rear where as the carrier has them in the front only, the roller wheel is also a solid casting and carrier has a rubber moulding over the steel inner part, I think there is also a slightly thicker spacer between the wheel and swing arm but that is a little vague so I can't say for certain.

rick

1 pair of the T16 suspension units (the rear I think) only has one set of springs (no inner ones).

Some late Mk1 and Canadian MK 2 have the same solid top return roller with not rubber.

the main assemblies are the same , pin size etc.

One of the main problems with owning a T16 is it's just about 5 tons comparierd with 4 tons for a Mk1 or 2 . You can just get away with a mk1 or 2 on some 7.5 ton beaver tail trucks for transport, and then there is the limited use during the war.

I like to think of the rarer T16 as the final development of the earlier universal, and there is no doubt that the tiller/cletrac style differential steering is far superior to the bend the track and diff braking on the earlier mass produced Carriers. Interesting that they were the Carriers that the British Army elected to keep after 45

Not that I am biased or anything. Anyway, I looking for a regulator for this if anyone has a nice NOS, wish I had bought more of dear Chris Wilkinson whilst I could All help much appreciated as the blighter has stopped charging

photo2-11.jpg

photo3-11.jpg

this is the regulator incase someone has one and didn't know what it was for

photo-1.jpg

Edited by AmphibAndy

Andrew you are right the t16 is the final development of the universal but you just can't beat the original version for fun, the t16 is too long to wiz about in, although it is a superior vehicle in practical terms and also amphibious but does suffer from the rear end pitching down when climbing a slope (which results in track slipping), a problem they never resolved even though a simple fix like turning the rear suspension units around would have solved it. (bit of t16 trivia)

enigma I never got to drive it as I just didn't have the time or money to get the engine running even though everything else was in place, I just had to get some cash in the bank pronto, funnily enough I sold it only 8 hours after it went on milweb and back to the same guy I had bought it off a year earlier :)

rick

enigma I never got to drive it as I just didn't have the time or money to get the engine running even though everything else was in place, I just had to get some cash in the bank pronto, funnily enough I sold it only 8 hours after it went on milweb and back to the same guy I had bought it off a year earlier :)

rick

Ah, that's understandable...

Especially considering the tank you were restoring.

I visited you at W@P 2 years ago and spoke briefly with you.