Recovery of Seehund German mini sub.

Pzkpfw-e

Just reading about the X Craft that severely damaged the Tirpitz. After this attack it was Hitler who ordered their production. Good video, pity about the bland 'musak'.

Have you read the Patrick Bishop book Bob - Target Tirpitz very good indeed. Bloody heroes every one of 'em....

Have you read the Patrick Bishop book Bob - Target Tirpitz very good indeed. Bloody heroes every one of 'em....

Yes, just got past the X Craft attack, its very well written. I agree entirely that they really were 'heroes', unfortunately today that description of a person is over done.

Quite. You only have to get paid £250,000 a week and kick a ball about to earn the label today.:undecided:

INDEED, I am really annoyed singers, football players and such are called heroes.:mad:

A hero is someone who does something courageous! Maybe the former types can be called examples or idols for what they do which in a lot of cases took enormous dedication and effort. That's commendable.

For me the defination of a hero goes something like tis.

"

"Some one who risks his own life/safety to help others."

So people like Police, Soldiers, Firefighters, EMT's and many many more.

Now I am on my soapbox...

I hate the term BATTLE being used in music or dance competitions...

Battle....BATTLE, really? How many of them get beaten up by the adversary then.

Bleeeeehhhh.

That's a competition but battle? Tell that to those who saw war, didn't hear the Battle of the Bulge, battle of Mirbat, Battle of the Somme being won or lost by flippin dancing.

OK, time to relax and finish my tea......

Edited by Enigma