Where is everybody?...

Enigma

Question

Yes I agree, this site seems to be very quiet nowadays, I use FB, perhaps one reason that its a lot easier to use and load pictures, my interest in the GMC CCKW there are a lot of good pictures being posted on there.

Just my opinion.

With all gone we have the opportunity to personalise the clubhouse and claim on the nearest parkingspaces. :angel:

I got a message of the Dancing girls :dancinggirls:, they will come to the clubhouse this weekend specially for those left behind.:cool2:

i am still here, having a day of rest as my back screams at me (pain)

i had a delivery of a 3 main bearing engine and a gearbox both series 2a, both ex army and supposed to be series 3 landrover 5 mainbearing. wrestled those in the shed for conversion to the spec thats needed.

atleast it had a bag of bolts for free and a oil cooler. still a happy man till it needs to go in.

With all gone we have the opportunity to personalise the clubhouse and claim on the nearest parkingspaces. :angel:

I got a message of the Dancing girls :dancinggirls:, they will come to the clubhouse this weekend specially for those left behind.:cool2:

Jacks gone off with the keys for the bar & wine cellar

Jacks gone off with the keys for the bar & wine cellar

Like that's going to stop us :cool2:

Anyone know which Dakota is he jumping out of?

By the time he gets back the clubhouse Mulberry Har Bar will have been totally transformed by a coat of Deep Bronze Green and a new bar island made from Scammell Explorer lockers with a polished Leyland Martian gun plank top.

Frankly while FB is a place to connect it is useless as far as a searchable tool with a clear well laid out format such as the threads here. Maybe I am not hip to the FB world.

As far as I am concerned this is the perfect medium for me and I will continue to use and support it. FB is a social thing this is more of a technical thing.

My opinion, don't expect anyone else to agree.

Robin

Booooooo!

I am here and will be contributing more regularly now that my Humber Pig and Toastie are home and I can get up close and personal with then at every opportunity. What a lovely thought :whistle:

I find this site totally adequate and agree with Robin about it being better and technically used instead of FB.:goodidea:

Every time I post and add to the forum I feel that I have access to so much help and knowledge. :wow:

You don't get that on social networking sites.:nono:

Cheers

probably everybody was last month busy getting their tour ready for the next holiday trip to France. Currently they will be on holiday till next monday I think then we can expect some interesting thread.

I'm still here, although with my GPW rebuild complete, regular updates have stopped unless reporting on test drives. Jessie broke down on the way to my first event of the season, and the only other event I've done so far is Battlegroup North at Elvington. Nothing more until later in June.

I'm guessing with half the green world in Normandy, things will be quiet until they all come back posting pictures of the sea side!

For the rest of us, increasing costs may have cut back on events, and so less to post about. Certainly here in the North East, the number of events has reduced from when I first got my Jeep back in 2005, when there were lots of VE Celebration events. Since then, I've done a few more classic car shows and airfield Fly-Ins as the number of military only events has reduced. When I started out, I was doing around 20 events a year, which has now dropped to around 8 to 10.

However, I don't think the forum is done for. There are still plenty of new posts each time I visit, and while many are of no interest to me personally, I'm sure that they provide valuable information for others.

I guess we all need to make the effort to keep the forum active. It doesn't have a life of its own, it relies on us.

Sorry chaps, it's probably my fault. I've been away for ages, I come back and everyone runs off...:blush:. Must have frightened them all away.

I'll try not to let it happen again.

And I don't even know which Farcebook group everyone's talking about.