Hi from Danish LR Ambulance owner

I can not speak for the others, but, I was living across from a fire station and they had ambulances there. Since that I wanted to own one. They where not Land Rover ambulances, but I like the Marshall design much more than the old danish ambulances.

I can not speak for the others, but, I was living across from a fire station and they had ambulances there. Since that I wanted to own one. They where not Land Rover ambulances, but I like the Marshall design much more than the old danish ambulances.

My old 101 ambulance is over there. Now I have the WC54. There is something about ambulances though. They are special trucks. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
The original registration number was: 30-FJ-00

Welcome I used to own 30 FJ 20 which is quite close.

Your fog lights in the bumperettes are interesting. Originally there would have been no fog lights & just the standard military bumperettes. But in 1971 Notek fog lights were added & extended bumperettes fitted to envelope them to provide protection.

This was not done to RAF ambulances, they retained the original bumperettes as the large foglights were mounted underneath the large brush guard on top of the bumper.

Your fog lights look like RAF ones. It may be that replacements of these were easier to obtain & the bumperettes then modified on the top to accommodate these larger lights.

Welcome I used to own 30 FJ 20 which is quite close.

I read somewhere online the the FJ is a reference to a particular military base. Do You if that is the case ? After finding the military ID, I have sent a request for information about the car.

It should be as it was when the military sold it. It has changed hands 3 times, but I am first to do any work on it or even drive it.

I read somewhere online the the FJ is a reference to a particular military base. Do You if that is the case ?

No that is incorrect.

'FJ' relates to the financial year 1969-70 for 'B' vehicles.

Thank you for clearing that up.

I have been looking for some reference as to where there could be stencils/markings to look for when stripping the paint. As You can see on the picture, the marking over the compartment door is visible.

You should look for white lettering on a vertical surface front & rear over to the right sight as far as possible. 27mm high or 51mm in BAOR. Comprising two elements.

First number or letter to indicate district or formation

Separated by /

Second element a number allocated to a specific unit

App2795a.jpg

as far as I can see, there are no markings, but they might show up when stripping the paint. I did find items on the back door. Right side. I have enclosed pictures showing them. One look like the have been a square plate and the other looks like it is made for sticking or hanging a sign. If this is correct. What would they have been ?

IMG_6776.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

Welcome aboard.. are you going to restore it to ambulance config, or camper?

My plan is to keep it as an ambulance. Paint it white as UN with the red crosses. I am also looking at a way to make is modular in a way that would allow it to be used as a camper or a 9 person carrier.

But all of that is still some time away. Still sorting and planning.