Quiet, low profile life of a Sherman owner........

Jack

Yes that was the one, even with diligence and doing everything right accidents still happen.

People are still amazed when the see military vehicles, my LR 90 I get asked all the time if I am still in the military, or if I am wearing BD at an event, they ask what service are you in, when they see scout cars, they want to know if that is modern or not, so I do think we need more people to realize the sacrifice that others have given before them, that is one thing I like about the US, is that even though political whatever is always around, there are tons of communities that try to keep the history and sacrifices of this given remembered.

At least we don't have a reenactment of Washington being burned down :) hmmmm maybe that would be.....

Issah,

You are so right...I grew up in the Chicago area and after I got out of the Military i never seen a Military vehicle in a car show....Been to a lot of shows over the years and never seen one.....I hope to get my Ferret in someday...I am trying to find any of the Canadian Soldiers that might have been in it (54-82586 UNEF 1216) but so far in 16 months haven't found them..

I have sent emails to all the Canadian Units but no answer....I would really like to display the Ferret with pictures of the crew....We have a great hobby preserving history....

Stay safe.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, are you over on the mapleleafup.net website? you could try asking over there

Andy

.I hope to get my Ferret in someday...I am trying to find any of the Canadian Soldiers that might have been in it (54-82586 UNEF 1216) but so far in 16 months haven't found them..

I have sent emails to all the Canadian Units but no answer....I would really like to display the Ferret with pictures of the crew....We have a great hobby preserving history....

Stay safe.....

• 3 weeks later...
Watching Normandy 44, he battle beyond.

Jim (and Jamie) shown making a hedgerow cutter and using it. Impressive to see being used like that.

For those who want to see this programme on i player it was on BBC2.