M8 clutch issues

Tony Pearson

Hi guys

Having an issue with my M8 clutch I have changed a pipe that was weeping but now can't get it bled up. It was working before a drained the system but put new fluid in DOT 4 and can't get anything on the pedal at all tried bleeding it old fashioned way and with a pressure bleeder but still nothing anyone have any ideas ??

Have you tried jamming the pedal down for a couple of hours and let gravity have a go? Or holding the pedal down whilst pressure bleed is on? Bleeding (In both senses of the word) brakes and clutches seems to have been my main pastime for the last couple of weeks. Another trick, get some tube run from the bled nipple back up to the master and pump like fury. A hypodermic syringe and use that to fill the pipe before connection to the master. It can also be used to check if the pipe is clear, open the beleed nipple as you fill. Try pumping fluid through the master with the connection to the pipe lose a few times, then tighten. Most of it seems to be pump for hours and it just decided to work.

I have a device which connects to an air line and sucks the fluid through and out the bleed nipple. Makes the job much easier, just make sure the reservoir is topped up and pull the trigger till there are no more bubbles.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/ecp/p/tools/car-service-tools/brake-service-tools/brake-bleeders/?SEAVS020&0&t5_389

• 2 weeks later...

Seemed to have found the issues but no idea how it was working before the Cup Seal is not in the master cylinder as shown in diagram as E. anyone know where i can get one from its 1 1/16.

It is a Wanger Cylinder so dose anyone know who sells rebuild kits for them or just has the seal

Thanks

mspaint.jpg

mspaint.jpg