Another military laptop - Raytheon

I've been following Majorweld's progress with his LXi and am looking to do the same with this one. I know very little about it other than it is a more or less standard Pentium based motherboard in a rugged case. It has windows XP and a colour screen and starts up as it should.

It sits on and plugs into a base which has a couple of circuit boards inside and a multipin round socket on the side.

My aim is to link the radio to the laptop via a G3LIV Isoterm and to use it to send and receive PSK CW. However, I have no idea how to get any input into the machine as there are no USB ports etc. and I cannot find out even whether there is any sound or microphone capability at all. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can make progress? Thanks RichardIMG_8888.jpg

IMG_8876.jpg

IMG_8877.jpg

IMG_8878.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8884.jpg

IMG_8887.jpg

Go into Device Manager in XP and see what devices are present. It's probably got both USB and serial ports in some form. Judging by the connectors it's certainly got 1553 and Ethernet.

Andy

Edited by andym

Looking at the spec it also has "4 PCMCIA slots" for which almost every kind of peripheral card is available - certainly RS232 or USB. Are these the sockets in the large opening at the side of the computer beside the SCSI and 1553 ports?

iain

• 5 years later...