Changes at W&P for 2014..

stevel98

In all fairness - I believe the new venue should be given at least 3 or 4 shows before casting total negative votes. As has been said it was a totally new venue last year and despite the W&P teams experience at the Hop Farm required a total rethink in operation and layout. :laugh:

Personally I enjoyed it although the issues raised about the viewing area etc. are totally valid. I'm certain it's something Rex and his team will address - all the issues raised by the group I was with in Living History last year have been sorted for this one in the planning stages, it just remains to be seen how well the operational side is carried out. :laugh:

My first W&P was 20012 at the Hop Farm and my 2nd the Racecourse.

I still just think that it all fantastic but there was so much walking last year and poor signage that found us blocked by drainage ditches.

The racecourse really has excellent potential though.

I get the impression from speaking to people that there were less rules at Beltring and it was very much a boys at play weekend

Aside from the one way system and the bottle neck of a road that can close at any time there were no more rules at the race course than at the hop farm, it's just even less people obeyed them at the old site but with the old site having so much camping away from the main public footfall it was easier for a blind eye to be cast with all the driving. Personally I really liked the old site but with the weather the way it is this year I think it would be massively turned over again and the new site could be fantastic with a few changes especially a viewing bank but as it has to be kept in a racing condition I can't see them happening. Will still keep going though.

For the first few days last year the grandstand toilets were the only working ones on site and everyone seemed to respect them and all was fine once the rented ones were opened for some reason the same dumb mentality reared it's head and some idiots started trashing them but the girl who was cleaning them did a fantastic job trying to keep ahead of the mess.