what happened to all the 'shotgun' conversions?

terryb

As recently as the mid to late eighties, it was possible to buy most firearms, including machine guns, once converted to single action and smooth bored on a shotgun ticket-has the law been changed now to prevent this from happening?

Terry

As recently as the mid to late eighties, it was possible to buy most firearms, including machine guns, once converted to single action and smooth bored on a shotgun ticket-has the law been changed now to prevent this from happening?

Terry

I was thinking the same the other day. I remember 410 enfields in exchange and Mart for about £80!!

I was offered a Lee Enfield 303 converted to 410 shotgun last year for £50, but as I don't have a F.A.C. I had to turn it down. The LSAT I heard was that he had handed it in to the police for disposal.

I bought one of these last year, it turned out to be a smooth bore and was able to be on my shotgun cert,nice gun too.:cheesy:

If you want a .410 conversion on a shotgun cert it needs to have the mag welded in place and limited to 2 rounds, or converted to single shot by welding a plate in the mag well. They then need proofing. Oh and don't forget that the .410 musket was different to the modern .410 conversions.

I thought they had changed the law about smooth boring rifles to turn them into shotguns

Commander

They have and it is no longer alowed as is converting a auto / semi auto (except .22 rimfire) into single shot. Will post a full reply this week if i have time.

C.