HMVF Members Insurance Discount

Marmite!!

Funny how companies drop thier prices when competion looms. As one company with a Nautical name said to me when I told them to stuff the quote they'd doubled for no reason 'Well, when there are a lot of customers we can charge more'. Trouble is you only really know how good a service is when it goes wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just renewed my insurance with CVI, but should point out that the 25% discount advert should probably be phrased "UP TO 25% discount". There are limitations and restrictions not mentioned in the banners on this site.

I was told that it was really for new policy holders, not existing customers, and that there was also a minimum charge of £180 on multi-vehicle policies.

I did save some money on their quoted renewal cost, and I don't think it was too excessive for covering three vehicles, but be aware that the saving may not be as great as it seems in the advert.

Sadly the price quoted to me for my Austin K2 was the same as Adrian Flux, plus they couldn't offer me breakdown cover due to the weight and length!

So its Adrian Flux again for me!

Colin

Just reinsured my Ford GPW today for £93.30 fully comp, and did the Morris C8 4 weeks ago with UK & European breakdown added for just £138 total.

Both with Adrian Flux again I'm afraid as you can't beat the price they charge for breakdown cover.

• 1 month later...